Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: P8873
New Today: 54
New Yesterday: 73
Overall: 140028

People Online:
Visitors: 62
Members: 0
Total: 62

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Foundation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Foundation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarang211

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: ITIL Foundation Reply with quote

Hello ITIL Experts and Seniors,
I am a newbie from India and want to know regarding study material for ITIL V3 Foundation.
Can anyone give me the name of book and price for ITIL V3 Foundation?
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOGLE

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
sarang211

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: ITIL V3 Foundation Reply with quote

Hi UKVIKING,
If by GOOGLE I have got satisfied answer then I haven't asked this question here? I am very disappointed with your response.
I thought that being senior member I will get some useful information regarding ITIL V3 Fundation. If you need any clarification regarding my question I am putting my question once again here:-
Name of book for ITIL V3 Foundation, publication and its price in India?
Please provide specific information. Service at ITIL communtiy refers to the related and to the point I guess.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, you do not know how to use Google at all

I did a google search for ITIL V3 foundation book

I got 130k worth of hits . Iound it quite easily .
The book, The price, and where I can take the course and from what company even in India

Also, as this is not a commercial site, no one keeps track of the price of any of the itil books. In addition, there is NO SLA or any expectation of service here

This site exists to discuss ITIL concepts etc and the participants expect people to have done their own homework - ie made an effort.

Considering your request is about basic information, go seek it

NOTE: You should be used to disappoint in ITIL

sarang211

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: ITIL V3 Foundation Reply with quote

Hello UKVIKING,
I am very thankful to you for conveying me what exactly is this community is for and what is expected from the community members.
But let me clear you that before visiting this communtiy my first preference to get all the information related ITIL was GOOGLE only.
I also searched on GOOGLE to get information related to books, publication and its price in India. I got same arond 130K links giving information. But I thought that someone senior member from ITIL community will share experience regarding How to approach for ITIL to build career? But since this communtiy discuss ITIL concepts etc. I have to seek to another sites. Anyways once again thanks for your valuable time.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarang

You asked about the ITIL Foundation book and the cost ofthe book in India

You did not tell us what work you have done in finding the information before coming to the forum

You did not ask abuot careers in IT nor with ITIL - which has been asked before and answered in this forum noless

You seem to think that the forum will be able to give you guidance as what YOU should do for a career or a job.

The problem is none of us know anything about you beyond your login name sarang211 and the fact that you want the price of the ITIL Foundation book in rupees

Therefore none of can give you career advice - none of us are in Human Resources, most of us are have been in IT for years, decades for me, and have spent our time and our effort to get where we are

What do you expect us to give you in regards to advice
Fine here is what we can give you

Jobs in IT - yes there are lots. Some pay well some pay not well. Some require experience
Jobs in ITIL - no such thing. ITIL is guidance on how to do things. It is the equivilent of grammar in writing essays.
Jobs in IT using ITIL - yes. See jobs in IT

High paying jobs in IT - yes there are .. senior mgmt roles in IT after years of low and mid level paying jobs.
Jobs like the founder of FB or other things. yep they happen. Some do good -like FB, Microsoft, etc some die off.

Certification -
does having certification have a benefit ? If the certification is appropriate and relevant to the work being done

ITIL Certification -

The foundation certification gives u an understanding of what ITIL is and IS NOT - it should anyway

Finally, there seems to a common misconception that this forum will give you everything you need to succeed in the usage of ITIL. You seem to think that the forum has a responsibility to answer questions that you could find easily on the internet on the Official ITIL website - which there is one - or training sites for courses and education.

If you want a career in IT, please expect the following

There is a difference between doing your own work, getting stuck and asking for help and asking some one else to do the legwork while you sit back and wait

IT people - especially people like me - expect that you do the legwork first and then when you come to ask questions, we would expect that your question is not about the basics but about something that you need clarification.

LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarang211
We cannot post links on this site. If you contact me directly I can help you.
ShriK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarang
without sounding too grumpy for you, let me tell you that in todays' times unlike about 20 yrs back, when there was no google, people still used to look for answers first to the questions they had, before raising it up in what they used to call them 'bulletin board services' or usenets - you might not even have heard of these.

however, to answer your question about the cost of the exam and its benefit in what you will earn, please note that just certifications will not help you unless you are in the right role/job
just being a newbie does not give you the liberty to be spoonfed which such boards are not for.
they will answer well thought out and framed questions and not RFIs

you need to put more effort in finding what you want to do, and then decide if ITIL is for you.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not mind providing answers - but just ask that newbies read through the forum posts first, as I have answered this and other questions over and over again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: