Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: DBachman
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 101
Overall: 150135

People Online:
Visitors: 61
Members: 2
Total: 63 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Where to start to document on Service Support and Delivery?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to start to document on Service Support and Delivery?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
josedunet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Where to start to document on Service Support and Delivery? Reply with quote

Hi ALL,
I would like to inform on the service Support and service Delivery.
By making the searches, I noticed that ITIL v2 has two documents on the question.
1) If I have to read the documents of ITIL v2, which release of documents I will read?
2) What is the last release of ITIL v2 today? At present I find only documentation of the release 2.2. Be it the last release?

I also noticed that ITIL v3 exist. Be that I would thus read ITIL v3 rather than itil v2?
If yes, in what core reference of ITIL v3 I can find the information on the Service Support and the Delivery service?

Thanks in advance.
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are misunderstanding ITIL.

It does not have releases; it is not like software.

Also it has no prescripitive content; it is an aid to understanding IT service management, not a set of rules that are kept up-to-date.

You do not implement ITIL; you make improvements in the way you manage IT services and in doing so you can use what you have learnt from ITIL to guide and inform your design of these improvements.

Reading version 2 will provide much for you; I am told by some that version 3 is better; I suspect that reading v2 and then reading v3 will be even more informative because much of v3 is simply v2 differently presented.

Service support and service delivery are the core of ITIL and are not covered in a single volume. There is a short overview of v3 available from the official site and this will give you a picture of how the documents are designed.

It is not necessarily a good idea to look for a solution to a problem in a small part of the ITIL documents in isolation until you are already familiar with the overall content.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
josedunet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Diarmid,

I spoke of release because in my search, I found the ITIL Service support version 1.1 and version 2.2 documentation. I started read the two documents and I found that he had some differences.
Therefore, I wanted to know what was the last.
I just start document me on ITIL and I do not propose to read only part of the documents.
I started by reading "The ITIL Service Support Book" version 2.2. That is the latest version of this book?

Thanks.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jose

The ITIL Books are NOT Free. They cost 60 here in the UK

If some one has uploaded even the old ones onto the next, then you are in violation of the Intellectual property rights of OGC, APMg etc

ITIL is a set of best practices on how to do IT Service Management

The last iteration was v2 - which consisted of two key volumes - Service Support and Service Delivery - euphemistically called the red and blue book because the covers were .... well red and blue

There has been an update to the way the books are organized. This is v3 which came out mid 2000s - 2006 /7. The 2 books plus the related volumes were mixed together to be in 5 different books

5 books covers a different aspect of IT Service Management - Transition, Operation, Improvment, Design etc

There has been a minor revision this year

You need to put your hand in your pocket and spend the money for the books if you want to understand ITIL and have the correct materials

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
josedunet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks UKVIKING

Could you help me find to found a site where I can buy the French version of the Book Service Support and Service Delivery?
I speak French and to have a good base in itil before starting to work documents in english, I would like to begin by the Service Support and Service delivery in French. On which site can i buy it online?

Thanks in advance.
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a quick google search found the TSO shop Not hard.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
josedunet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the search on google but I don't find the French version of the books
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try google using the following

TSO ITIL French

This will take you to the TSO site - the official site for the books

The ITIL Version 3 Translation Library includes:
Service Strategy Chinese, German, Japanese, Spanish
Service Design Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
Service Transition Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
Service Operation Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
Continual Service Improvement Chinese, German, Japanese, Spanish
ITIL Lifecycle Publication Suite Chinese, German, Japanese, Spanish
The Introduction to the ITIL Service Lifecycle French, Korean
Passing Your ITIL Foundation Exam The ITIL Foundation Study Aid (2nd Edition) Chinese, Japanese, German, French, Dutch
ITIL V3 Foundation Handbook Japanese
Key Element Guides Chinese

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: