Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: C1592
New Today: 18
New Yesterday: 44
Overall: 146528

People Online:
Visitors: 36
Members: 0
Total: 36

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - General query
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General query

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raghu_g

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: General query Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have completed ITILV3 foundation through EXIN and i have planned to take up service operations paper now. Could you please clarify whether classroom training is mandatory for service operations or i can study through e-learning and just pay the exam fees and write the exam. Kindly clarify
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All intermediate courses require classroom training - whether this is a physical class or a virtual classroom - e-learning

This information is posted on every company that does training for ITIL as well as on the ITIL official site

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
RaviCKota

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: General query Reply with quote

raghu_g wrote:
Hi All,

I have completed ITILV3 foundation through EXIN and i have planned to take up service operations paper now. Could you please clarify whether classroom training is mandatory for service operations or i can study through e-learning and just pay the exam fees and write the exam. Kindly clarify

First of all congratulations on completing the ITIL v3 foundation exam. I'm also planning to take this certification and have few questions pertaining to this.

What was your study approach? Where did you take the test? I heard that Prometric facilitates this exam, but could not find anything like ITIL in their site. I heard about EXIN and see that in prometric.

I'm planning to prepare for foundation through self study and borrowed a book "the art of service , ITIL V3 foundation certification Kit". Is this a recommended book for Self Study.

I'm planning to take this test in USA and not sure what is the price of certification voucher. Could you please provide me these details ?

Thanks
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are various books available to help towards the Foundation exam - the 5 major books are not required. The cost for the Foundation exam through prometric is about $145 US - check the website. For the Intermediate exams, your training provider (distance or classroom) will arrange it, or tell you how.
BTW e-learning need not be a classroom course - it can be videos etc. However it must allow some Ask-the-tutor facility, possibly by email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: