Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: TMcCann
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 69
Overall: 142364

People Online:
Visitors: 58
Members: 1
Total: 59 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Alternative study material for preparing ITIL foundation V3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternative study material for preparing ITIL foundation V3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaviCKota

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Alternative study material for preparing ITIL foundation V3 Reply with quote

Hello All,

I went through the official site of ITIL, to gather information on their publications for passing ITIL foundation. But it seems they have about 4 - 5 volumes of books for each of the objectives of the test and each of them cost around > USD 100. So, I wonder if there are any other publishers who came up with books at much cheaper prices, covering all the objectives, keeping the actual exam approach in view, and with some practice tests.

I found this "ITIL V3 Foundation Complete Certification Kit - Study Guide Book and Online Course" in amazon, which has some decent reviews. But apart from this, are there any other books, that are recommended.

Please add your comments.

Thanks
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaviC Kota

The 5 books are the ITIL Official books.

These are the source for all of the ITIL information

As for a study guide for Foundation, shrug, there are those

If you are going to be in the habit of using, implementing and providing guidance on ITIL for IT Service Management, you should buy the required books - the 5 ITIL books

If you are merely interested in collecting the certification and not planning to use the ITIL BP at work, go away as you waste all our time and yours by getting the ceritification

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
RaviCKota

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I played the role of an incident manager to some capacity in the past and having ITIL knowledge would certainly help in my job.
zafar2002

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: itil exam Reply with quote

Passed ITIL foundation exam today with 80% marks, all I did is listen to all the CBT NUGGETS and also did all the practice exam with Visual Certexam manager. I will recommend to anyone who would like to prepare for ITIL version 3 exams.
Hoipoloi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend "ITIL V3 Foundation Complete Certification Kit - Third Edition: Study Guide Book and Online Course [Paperback]". I used the second edition as the main focus of my certification studies, and I managed to get pass the relevant exam with no trouble at all.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of excellent self-study courses at reasonable prices. Contact me directly for details
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: