Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ZOpitz
New Today: 49
New Yesterday: 49
Overall: 146078

People Online:
Visitors: 59
Members: 2
Total: 61 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - New to ITIL Certification... Need some advice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to ITIL Certification... Need some advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raj_malhotra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: New to ITIL Certification... Need some advice Reply with quote

Hi All,

I just got to know about the ITIL Certification today and need some information/ advice.

I am from New Delhi, India and have around 10 years of experience in the IT field. I have done my certification in Lotus (CLP). I do not have a IT degree/Diploma and read from a website that ITIL certification's value is equivilant to IT degree/ dioloma.

I wanted to check on how valueable is ITIL certification?

Which countries recognise it?

I am planning to move to another location (Country), preferably UAE or UK, will it help me to get a job in UK/ UAE after i complete my ITIL Certification?

What is the path of ITIL Certification?

Where can i find the self-study material for the Foundation Certification (I believe it is an online test and can be passed with self-study)

Please suggest some centres which provide ITIL Certification in Delhi with their contact numbers?

Looking forward for a quick response.

Thanks
andyxavier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Raj

Even i am looking for information on ITIL.. I am an MCSE, would like to persue ITIL ..Could someone can please guide me on the foundation course.. if any one knows of any ITIL study material sites

Thanks
arnoldmram
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

ITIL is an good (best?)practice framework for IT Service Management. I dont think, it is equivalent to an IT diploma or course.
ITIL courses available currently are the ITIL Foundation, ITIL Practitioner and ITIL Managers certification. There are many Accredited course providers in India such as HP-Quint, QAI, Vyomlabs etc.

The Foundation exam covers the ITIL Service support(Incident, problem, Change, configuration, Release management) and Service delivery(Capacity, Availability, IT service continuity, Service Level Management and IT financial management) areas of ITIL.

A lot of material is available in the web to start of on the study for ITIL Foundation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: