Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: AChumley
New Today: 9
New Yesterday: 85
Overall: 139273

People Online:
Visitors: 84
Members: 4
Total: 88 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Self-training ITIL Intermediate course
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Self-training ITIL Intermediate course

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keniche

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Self-training ITIL Intermediate course Reply with quote

Hello guys,
I intend writing certification for the following ITIL course
1. SD
2. SS
3. SO
4. ST
5. CSI
If anyone has materials, training manuals etc that will be of benefit to me, please kindly share it with me.
Thanks.

Regards,
Keniche
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is NO Way to self study the intermediate courses

The attendance in a course is required

In addition, the solicitation of IP material is also not welcome here in the forum

If you want to study, please go pay for the course and the materials.

Otherwise go away

ITILADMIN: Your call to remove

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
keniche

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

I meant no harm when i asked the question.

You would have just given me the advice without using strong or offensive words.

Anyways there is a saying that says...he who ask doesn't get lost.

Learn to be empathetic.

Thanks
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keniche

strong or offensive words ?. empathetic ?

You basically asked some one here in the forum to give you stolen material.

Why should I have an empathic feelings towards someone who wants someone else's property given to them so that they could do something for themselves.

TANSTAAFL.. my friend

If you are so clueless about the requirements for the ITIL Certification path - which is widely known, then you deserve what you get

Since the certification is for you and not anyone else, I would as would some of the others here expect you to do the basic investigation and research on ITIL

As you most likely know how to use an web browser, you should obviously be familar with the search function

Even the most basic searches on the intermediate training would have provided you with the information about the requirements for the ITIL Intermediate courses

Even a broef search of the topic in this forum would have gained the appropriate knowledge

As for strong words or offensive words, which ones are you talking about ?
Can you please list them

keniche

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

TWFGHATADAF...my friend

For your information, I have done my research...you are speaking of stolen materials which I no nothing about...is that how myopic your are?
I mean no offence but your taking this issue way too far...they are a lot of book/materials that prepare people for an exam.
You don't know if the training I receive was enough or satisfactory for me to sit for an exam in my home country.
There are a lot of things you need to learn...for someone your age & exprience, I recommend you learn how to address issues in a more proper way especially when you are texting.
I should list the strong or offensive word...mehn! Use your tongue to count your teeth is a proverb.
I think...this discussion is over.

Have a nice day.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keniche

You posted the following

If anyone has materials, training manuals etc that will be of benefit to me, please kindly share it with me.

Is this not a solicitation for some one else's material ?

If you had done your research, you would have discovered that the intermediate courses and certification can only be done through paid coursework through an authorized training company. They cant be done self study. The only self study for ITIL is the Foundation Exam.

While it is true I have no idea your age, your knowledge, your experience, whether you took the exam for ITIL FOUndation or not, whether you passed the exam, your post gave a lot of clues

You post (not text) into a forum to which you have never participated in. As you have had an account since July 2009, I am even more surprised that you are unaware of the standards / mores / style of this forum.

Obviously, you dont even lurk

But as you said, end of discussion.

So, in order to answer your post properly and correctly,

You can not self study the internmediate ITIL courses. You must attend a training course from an authorized ITIL Training company, This can be classroom training, or web based training where you pay for web based training. The second option is not considered self study as you have pay for the course work and complete it within a time limit. The exam is directly linked to the course work.

As for supplemental materials on the web for studing, please be advised ,,, a lot of the free stuff is incorrect, illegally posted (stolen), and usually for the previous version or earlier. The mock exams available would also fall into one of these.

BTW: Welcome to the Forum

keniche

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Yes...We post text, words & comments etc and as for your recent post about me requesting for shared materials I have indeed gotten what I want from the itil official site.

I would also want to say you went too hasty despite saying you don't know my level of experience, age and knowlegde, which you would have thought or considered carefully before trending or commenting as regards IT general best pratice.

Well as per soliciting for someone's material, it is left for the person to advice or channel me to the appropriate path.

And to also inform you, I have passed the ITIL foundation exam ¤t went for the intermediate course which I believe was from a non-accreditated body (This lead to my question) because I wanted a class room based training.

Like you said, I have not participated but now i will be participating thereby not staying hidden.

I willnow adhere to your correctly &properly answered post by registering with an accredited training body online.

WTC: Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: