Just want to share with you the practices which we are running for major incident management.
1. Service Desk sends out the email notification to all the affected parties upon the detection of major incident.
2. The major incident manager sends out another email notification/update with more details (e.g. potential cause, which party is working on the issue, the resolution progress, any workaround identified, potential emergency change, etc.) to the stakeholders.
3. The other support team (e.g. application team, infrastructure team) who owns the incident ticket keeps updating the stakeholders by replying incident manager's email.
4. Upon resolution, the supporting team notifies the stakeholders with the actions taken to resolve the issue, workarounds applied, potential root cause, any improvement plan if applicable.
5. The incident ticket is resolved and Service Desk sends notification to all the affected parties.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum