Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ROEFT
New Today: 16
New Yesterday: 82
Overall: 143845

People Online:
Visitors: 58
Members: 2
Total: 60 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Training Provider
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Training Provider

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharonSmith

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: ITIL Training Provider Reply with quote

I would like to join an itil foundation training program in Atlanta any suggestions. its not being sponsored by my organisation so price is a major factor but no compromise on quality either
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharon

You do not need a training provider to take the ITIL Foundation exam

All you need to do is take the exam and study for it

Liz Gallacher a major poster here has a book on Amazon that is an official study guide

Beyond Foundation, the courses are mandatory

However, there is classroom, virtual and web session

Google ITIL Training Atlanta

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
SharonSmith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: ITIL Training Provider Reply with quote

I would like a classroom training program
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then use google

There are training companies in the Atlanta area

SharonSmith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: ITIL Training Provider Reply with quote

Which is a better training provider xxx or yyy? Any suggestions.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharonSmith

Ask both companies about their training / certification program

Ask for samples

You are asking us for an opinion - such of which - the answer may not be condusive to you

I may prefer Pink... I dont.
I used FoxIT... It was OK
I used other Training companies... they were OK

What you will find is that all the training companies used contract instructors for the most part. Contract instructors like Liz Gallacher - whom I mentioned earlier

Each T.C. has its own cost / profit model and delivery method

It is quite like asking do you prefer McD, Burger King, KFC, Taco Bell, Hardee's, Wendy's, Arby's, Popeye's soft drink ?

The answer could be banana.

Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its not really much like that.

I suspect that most folk have only used one or, at most, two companies for ITIL training. So the opportunity for having an evidence based opinion is low.

And the number of instances of the experience an individual person will have had is also low. So the quality of the comparative data is poor.

And the style of training that suits one person may not suit another. So the relevance of the evaluation will be dubious.

You may also get a divergence of opinions between those who struggled with the course (and perhaps even failed at the first attempt) and those who did well right from the outset.

It may be possible to acquire good statistical data, such as percentage first time passes, average grades (if applicable) achieved by different companies. Even if you can get this you need to be sure that companies are aiming at a similar student profile. For example a company that does much business with new entrants to IT is hard to compare with a company that sells its training to "mature" IT professionals. Big training companies are different from small ones. companies that specialize in the foundation course are likely to be different from those that teach the whole range.

What you can do is ask someone you trust. For what it is worth I was trained by Ultracomp and it was a truly excellent experience. But both Colin Rudd and Tony Price have gone on to greater things. And Ultracomp got merged/taken over with/by FoxIT.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: