Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: CMotley
New Today: 154
New Yesterday: 176
Overall: 131399

People Online:
Visitors: 47
Members: 1
Total: 48 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Difference between ITIL V3 syllabus and ITIL 2011 syllabus?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difference between ITIL V3 syllabus and ITIL 2011 syllabus?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter_78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Difference between ITIL V3 syllabus and ITIL 2011 syllabus? Reply with quote

Hi,

What is the basic difference between ITIL V3 syllabus and ITIL 2011 syllabus?
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter

The v3 syllabus is based on the initial version of ITIL after the re-organization from the previous version where the concentration was on Service Delivery and Service SUpport. The v3 of ITIL changed that model to reflect on how ISO 20000 worked

The 2011 syllabus is based on the updated and changed version of ITIL v3. The changes were a combination of correction of omissions and addd more details.

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
SharonSmith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Difference between ITIL V3 syllabus and ITIL 2011 syllabus? Reply with quote

i have done my certification in 2011 so do i need to upgrade myself through an exam when the new certification comes up.i was told by my training provider itilstudy that the certification is for life
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be mad to do it again for such trivial differences. The foundation course is e mere overview of ITIL. An introduction to the concepts from which more detailed work can begin.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
SharonSmith

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Difference between ITIL V3 syllabus and ITIL 2011 syllabus? Reply with quote

Had a quick question have the older certifications like v2 v1 have been phased out. My friend has one in v1. Someone please suggest
pauline68
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way i understand is that if a person is ITIL Foundation certified(be it v1 or v2 or v3), then he/she does not need to go for ITIL 2011 foundation again.

Yes, its true that v1 and v2 has already phased out. You will find ATOs who provide v3 and the better ones provide the latest 2011 version.
What I would suggest your friend is to go through some online Foundation v2011 papers and if interested can go ahead with Intermediate level.

I hope you have got your answer...
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All

If you hold the v1 or v2 Foundation (I do), it is still valid

However, if you want to take the ITIL 2011 Intermediate courses / exams, you have to take the ITIL 2011 Foundation Exam

I hold the v2 Service manager;s certification - the Red Badge

I need to take the Foundation course in order to take the MALC exam and either CSI or SS in order to get the Expert

This is becasue the 2011 ITIL covers a lot more

If you check the OGC Best Practice Management site, it will explain this under the qualifications section

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
amit11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference between ITIL V3 syllabus and ITIL 2011 syllab Reply with quote

Peter_78 wrote:
Hi,

What is the basic difference between ITIL V3 syllabus and ITIL 2011 syllabus?

ITIL 2011 is an update of ITIL V3 - not a completely new version - but the changes are significant enough
Soumya

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: What is the basic difference between ITIL V3 syllabus and IT Reply with quote

ITIL 2011 is an updated version of ITIL V3. As of Jan 1st 2012, new exams were offered that reflect the 2011 content rather than the (2007) V3 content.

If you've studied for the Foundation against the old syllabus, I would recommend you download the new syllabus from the ITIL Official Site and decide how much extra study you need to do.

If you have studied with a training provider they may give you access to updated materials too so it's worth asking them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: