Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: CLinton
New Today: 22
New Yesterday: 42
Overall: 148208

People Online:
Visitors: 49
Members: 1
Total: 50 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Passing the ITIL Intermediate course in one shot
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Passing the ITIL Intermediate course in one shot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ITIL Foundation
ITIL ATOs for Intermediate course in USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
An ATO which has already established itself as a worthy service provider in the ITIL Foundation
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A very experienced Faculty who has distinguished himself in the field of Service Management
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Kennedy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Passing the ITIL Intermediate course in one shot Reply with quote

I want to know whether it is possible to clear ITIL Intermediate course (Service Transition) at one shot. Are there any ATO's which give training in USA?
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kennedy

Would it not be better to google ITIL training USA to find the training companies rather than create some specious poll and ask the question

Training companies are in the business of selling courses - they all have packages - multiple courses for a fixed price

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
pauline68
Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will find many providers if u google...
talk to them to find more details on their course.
Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Clearing the ITIL Intermediate course at one shot Reply with quote

I have definitely searched google and come with many ATO's. But the fact is that I and my friend are not interested in just doing the course. Passing the exam is one thing and implementing them in our Company is a total matter altogether. Any business organization can have millions of offers and results on their website but I want to get some genuine reviews of persons who are experienced in ITIL.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly do you want

1 - ATO exists to provide the training in the ITIL Certification program.
2 - In a classroom setting, you will be with other people who are in IT Service Management (more than likely) are interesting in the completion of the ITIL Certification
3 - Experience in IT Service Management is an individual thing. I have been in IT since the early 80s. My experience and depth of knowledge is different from any one else.

I did the ITIL v2 certification and got the highest certification at that time in 2005/2006. The Service Manager's certificate.

ITIL went through 1 major and 1 minor re-organziation. It did not change fundamentally for what I do. So I did not bother with v3 nor with latest revision in 2011.

Now, I am. I am studying the material to pass successfully the Foundation Exam and then progress in accordance with certification flow appropriate for my existing ITIL Certification for the next level.

I am in the UK. I may be taking classroom or on line classroom - depending on my work schedule / company training programme.

An ATO will only give you the information. You have to take that and applied in your area.

Training in ITIL B.P. is no different than other training. You are giving theory and better practice. You apply what you can to -if you can.. re-assess the information provide ...rinse lather repeat.

The intermediate courses in ITIL are gear to be more focused on the 5 major areas / divisions the ITIL Books.

If you dont want the training course.. but to have some one experienced in IT Service Management using ITIL - hire them. THere are consluting firms and individual. Hell... I think Diarmid's - despite being engliush would have no issue working with you for pay... enven remotely.

There are lots of conslutants and consluting companies. I was one - speciallizing in Change mgmt. I however am no longer for sale or hire as I have done the permanenet role (again)/

If you want to ask questions.. go to the specific forums here - Change Management for change mgmt etc

However, everything here is for free and is advice - it may be right or wrong.

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.There are many ATOs in the USA
2. Many people pass their Intermediate exam the first time
3. It is only that, an exam pass. To actually put what you hav elearned into practice - read the whole book! Employ a consultant to save time/ start improving your process yourself in line with the guidance (where it helps) and you will get better over time.

Sitting the course just for the badge is a waste of money, but surprisingly common
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: