Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: VRLRR
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 53
Overall: 139811

People Online:
Visitors: 64
Members: 1
Total: 65 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - when a change has been through a customers change process?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

when a change has been through a customers change process?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QAnna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: when a change has been through a customers change process? Reply with quote

hi all,
i'm really hoping you will be able to give me a good answer on my question because it's been in the back of my mind for some time now.

We have a change management process for every change we do in our internal systems and it seems to be working sufficiently for the demands we have on us.
But the issue i keep coming back to is when one of our customers have changes that have passed through their change process and they then send it in for us to implement as their service provider.

In that case we only ask to see their RFC number and make sure it's an authorized person making the request.

i'm worrying that we should do more since the requests often regard changes in our infrastructure. For instance setting up a virtual server.. a standard change, but not registed as anything else but an request in our system.

How would you treat this? I don't feel quite sure about this. On the one hand it's been thru their process and the risk is theirs, but on the other hand on more complicates requests i still feel a need to go though our process..

Advice please Smile
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q Anne

if the change request from the customer requires a change on your managed equipment - ie not their equipment, then it is a change request for your CM process.

Now, 1st there has to eb a defintion for this in your service cotnract with the customer

2nd, the process -- emergency, fasttrack, urgent, standard, normal, etc - that it follows is dependent on the type of change and the inherent risk to your organization and its infrastructure

If the change is merely a firewall port opening, then this may be a low risk, low impact, standard change that does not require formal presentation to a CAB board.

However, if the change requires major configuration or other work that is medium or high risk, then the process may be a bit more formal

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
QAnna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks so much for your reply. It confirms my own thoughts on this and I will see to it at once Smile

I really appreciate the help!
kind regards, A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Change Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: