Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: CRodman
New Today: 26
New Yesterday: 44
Overall: 146536

People Online:
Visitors: 52
Members: 4
Total: 56 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Major Incident Management / Incidnet management...??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major Incident Management / Incidnet management...??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Major Incident Management / Incidnet management...?? Reply with quote

Hello all

good forum and lot of interesting topics.....

I am new to ITIL and I'd appreciate if someone can help/answer my question pls.....

right now I am in a desktop support 2nd line role and few years ago I was worked with Major Incident Management team for a big bank....

I want to move away from support role and want to move to Major Incident Management ....I am doing my ITIL Foundation right now....

can someone tell me what other ITIL qualification I need to do to make an employer hire me.... I have some experience of incident management but it was long ago and i was on Helpdesk so I was mainly updating few people and talk to out of hours engineer etc and the next day send an email out to my manager on what i had to do etc....

I'd love hear from anyone in Major Incident Management team...

thanks a lot guys
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prit

MIM is a support role as the people involved in the MI Process are trying to solve an incident which has an impact to a larger audience

You are taking the Foundation exam for ITIL.
This should give you the brief about IM, Support and the Major Incident process.

ITIL is a skill set - just like windows or oracle or ... etc

Having foundation certificate is not going to hurt you getting a role; however, it is not going to be a great help either

The reason is every body is getting it.

The experience you have in 2nd line and ITIL foundaiton and some intermediate course / exam in ITIL will help more

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
prit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply UKVIKING..... I understand lot of people got ITIL foundation hence I was asking what OTHER ITIL certificate I can do to get into Major Incident Management..... I understand I need to have experience etc as well and having just the certificate on its own is not much help...... But since i have some experience in other areas i want to know if i can do any further study on ITIL..... so i guess i am still looking for the answer as to what other ITIL will be Helpful to get into Major Incident Management....

also when i was working in MIM team they used to get pay very handsomely....like 150 pounds a day ..... i was looking around Midland and its not paying that great.... so is the salary not that much for incident management people?

also what does MIM role will lead you? IT management may be? or is it one of those dead end job where you only stay on this position????

thanks again

p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: