Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ZAndes
New Today: 43
New Yesterday: 44
Overall: 146553

People Online:
Visitors: 45
Members: 0
Total: 45

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Standard Change List
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Standard Change List

View previous topic :: View next topic  
conanbarb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Standard Change List Reply with quote

Does anybody have a Standard Change List defined for their organization that you'd be willing to share? I realized that Standard Changes are not a one size fits all and are specific to an organization, but Im sure there are many Standard Changes that are generic enough to be relevant across organizations such as Password Changes.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, where is yours?

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
conanbarb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
Well, where is yours?

Not exactly helpful or constructive, bud.

If I had one already, then I wouldn't be asking others if they are willing to share theirs. I was merely trying to not re-invent the wheel if others had done it already.

I guess I came to the wrong place...
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conanbarb,

A Standard Change list is subjective.

It depends on what YOUR CHANGE MANAGER defines as a Standard Change

The definitions are also dependent on your policy and your change policy and process

Some companies DONT HAVE one.
Some DO

A standard change is one that is low risk and low impact - at least according to definitions
------------
Now for the other point

This is a forum where people share information and also where the participants don't want to DO YOUR WORK where you are too lazy or uninterested to engage your own mind to solve the issue.

I could list 10 standard changes - but the list would be absolutely useless to you - unless you have the exact same policy, process etc for Change Management as well as the same infrastructure that is in scope for Change Management.

The list is also based on our activities - Change Board - and others.

Learn instead of asking others to do your work. Learn by doing and making mistakes

conanbarb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
Conanbarb,

A Standard Change list is subjective.

It depends on what YOUR CHANGE MANAGER defines as a Standard Change

The definitions are also dependent on your policy and your change policy and process

Some companies DONT HAVE one.
Some DO

A standard change is one that is low risk and low impact - at least according to definitions
------------
Now for the other point

This is a forum where people share information and also where the participants don't want to DO YOUR WORK where you are too lazy or uninterested to engage your own mind to solve the issue.

I could list 10 standard changes - but the list would be absolutely useless to you - unless you have the exact same policy, process etc for Change Management as well as the same infrastructure that is in scope for Change Management.

The list is also based on our activities - Change Board - and others.

Learn instead of asking others to do your work. Learn by doing and making mistakes

IKVIKING,
As I said in my original post, I understand that Standard Changes are specific to an organization. As a newbie to the ITIL world, I came to this community looking for information and asked if anybody was willing to share. I've read a number of posts and gained some valuable information. My background is computer programming and code sharing is something we do on a regular basis. From your response, I see that in your "ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge) World" that sharing constitutes me being lazy and asking people to do my work.

If you didn't want to help, that's your prerogative, but your snide remarks do nothing to advance the knowledge sharing and collaboration of how forums usually work IMO.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conanbarb

yes, it is true I hold the V2 IT Service Manager (Red badge) and that I have been doing IT Change Management as well as Release as well as etc for years.

I don't have an issue providing my insight and experience to some one

But the only thing that you have provided to determine how I can answer to provide insight is

I am a newbie to ITIl
I want information on Standard Changes -Examples of

That does not fill me confidence or give me any idea of what and how deep I should discuss the request with you

What is your role in your Organisation ?
Are you the Change Manager, the Release manager, the SD Manager, the IT Director or some poor Service Desk type who has been tasked to do this because you were given the chance to learn ITIL ( Foundation) and passed the exam

What is your IT Environment like ?

Without telling me the company name, what type of IT Management are you doing - facility, system, network, circuit, application, service - or all or some of them.

I could list several examples and why some should and should not be Standard changes - based on my years (decades) of experience in IT SM.

What is YOUR experience in IT ?

Days, Weeks, months, a few years ? ITIL is nothing more than advice on how a company's management should do IT Service Management well. Any one with a brain that functions can tell if the IT Help Desk and the IT SM processes work relatively OK or not - regardless of whether they sat in a seminar, course or an exam. This is because IT Service Management is managing the services - no different than working in the restaurant or retail shop.

Finally, use the search feature. This question has been asked several times and answered several times.

If you can provide me a little context as to why you want a list of Standard Changes and not Major, Significant, Minor and Business as Usual Changes and a little about your environment, I will be able to answer with a more reasonable and educational approach.

But, if all you want is the forum to be Answer my question .. go away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Change Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: