Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: TParish
New Today: 42
New Yesterday: 99
Overall: 143717

People Online:
Visitors: 69
Members: 3
Total: 72 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Change PIRs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change PIRs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Change PIRs Reply with quote

Hello All

I currently control my programme's (operational) change mgt, currently using an RFC form created in Exchange, for my weekly CAB meetings I just use a spreadsheet format agenda (all very low tech!).

One area I want to pursue now is Post Change Implementation Reviews, and I was wondering if anyone out there could advise on a usefull template/structure for this?
Ines

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: PIR template Reply with quote

This is what is used by my company, with company logo at the top. It's presented to the service providers within a table in a Word doc:

IT Change Post Implementation Review (PIR)

Please forward completed form to CIO IT Change Manager, within 5 business days of request to complete.

Change Number
Date of Change Implementation
PIR Owner/Contact Number
Change Owner/Contact Number
Service Provider
Responsible Team

Change Description
Related Incident, Problem Nos.
Steps Taken (include timings)

Results :
what went wrong,
what went right

Learning Points

Actions:
Who
When
Draven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ines
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Change Reviews Reply with quote

We do ours electronically these days - our RFC is a word document with the 2nd last page as a set of basic review questions.

We mail the page to the person releaseing the change into live and they fill it in and send it back - the questions are listed below.

Has the Change had the desired effect & met its objectives? If No, detail shortfalls below.

Are the Users / Customers content with the result? If No, detail shortcomings below.

Have there been any unexpected/undesirable side effects? If Yes, input detail below

Were the resources required to implement the Change as planned? If No input detail below.

Did the Implementation plan work correctly/as planned? If No, detail differences below.

Was the Change implemented on time? If No, detail why not below

Was the Regression Plan needed? If Yes, detail reasons below

If Yes to question 7, Did the Regression Plan work correctly? If No detail errors/reasons below

We feed the 'wrong' answers into a simple excel spreadsheet and build a set of metrics showing how many problem / failed changes we have. We also look for common failings and attempt to educate the implementers to remove these errors.

Regards

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: