Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: TI68
New Today: 154
New Yesterday: 202
Overall: 130718

People Online:
Visitors: 48
Members: 4
Total: 52 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Jobs in Australia
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Jobs in Australia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cksrealm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: ITIL Jobs in Australia Reply with quote

Hi All

I am looking for any ITIL related jobs in Australia, I currently have the ITIL foundation certificate and looking to expand that to the next level, has any got any suggestions as I would ideally be looking for the company that hires me to sort out visa etc as well.

Many thanks and kind regards

Chris Kilian
d-boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: ITIL in Australia Reply with quote

Hi all,

I would like to hear from working professionals who are currently working in ITIL compliant companies in Australia.

How does one get into such jobs and where is it possible to get certification?

Kind regards

d-boy
Tania

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: JObs In Australia Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

Some of the consulting firms in Australia which you might approach for jobs include Proactive Services (proactiveservices.com.au), Lucid IT (lucidit.com.au) or Tusc (tusc.com.au).

Best wishes,
Tania
Tania

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Jobs In australia Reply with quote

Hi d-boy,

There are a number of training bodies in Australia where you can train and become certified in ITIL at the Foundation, Practitioner or Manager level. These include Proactive Services, Lucid IT, Pink Elephant, Art of Service, etc.

The types of ITIL jobs to look out for on the web might include:
- ITSM consultant positions with consulting firms
- Incident, Problem, Change, Release or Configuration Managers
- Service Level Managers
- Availability, Capacity, IT Service Continuity Managers
- Service Support or Delivery Managers
For most IT roles companies are now asking for at a minimum Foundations level training. To move into one of the management positions you should aim to have an appropriate Practitioner (i.e. Change Management...) or Manager level certificate.

Best wishes,
Tania
satman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also try Art of Service in Brisbane, Australlia.
Munchkin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: ITIL Job at Australia - Sydney Reply with quote

I have five years experience in Incident management and currently working as Problem manager . i would like to expand my career in ITIL . please point me in right direction if you know any company or agency that experts in ITIL consultant let me know thanks guys Very Happy
TomOzITIL
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ITIL Jobs in Australia Reply with quote

cksrealm wrote:
Hi All

I am looking for any ITIL related jobs in Australia, I currently have the ITIL foundation certificate and looking to expand that to the next level, has any got any suggestions as I would ideally be looking for the company that hires me to sort out visa etc as well.

Many thanks and kind regards

Chris Kilian

You could do worse than to get your Managers certificate. The Foundation, while better than nothing, is not really held in much regard over here. The company I work for has 70/100 people foundation certified in Melbourne alone, and I wouldn't say we've progressed much past Service Support in terms of top notch maturity.

The Foundation is good for first level service desk, desktop etc, but those people are mainly hired due their customer service or technical skills.
TomOzITIL
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Jobs In australia Reply with quote

Tania wrote:
Hi d-boy,

These include Proactive Services, Lucid IT, Pink Elephant, Art of Service, etc.

The above companies also provide Consultancy services as well as training (the better ones provide more consultancy than training). They are always on the lookout for good people but qualify pretty hard in terms of someone's practical experience. The people from these companies I have met all have 20+ years IT experience and 8+ years ITIL experience.
scorpion123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also interested to migrate to Australia, provided if any employer sponsors Visa and of course... a JOB.

I am ITIL Master (Red Badge) certified and currently working as ITIL, ISO-20000 Process Implementation Manager for a MNC in India.

I also have ITIL Process development experience, IT Operations, Service Delivery experience. My overall IT experience is 12 years.

Anyone intersted in my profile can write to scorpion_blr@yahoo.com

Cheers!!!
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What country are you living in? Have you considered working for a mult-national with offices in Australia, like global outsourcers or big banks, and getting a posting here? Presumably you've looked at the Australian Department of Immigration website. Good luck. Australia's a long way from everywhere but a great place to live Very Happy
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
scorpion123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am currently in INDIA and working in a top multi national company (they do have many offices in Australia too Very Happy ). The process to get moved to Australia in my company is beyond a dream, so checking if there are any good opportunities outside.

Please let me know if there are any employer sponsors work permit for people like me. I agree that Australia is a great place to work and live.

Hoping to get some opportunities to move to the dream land.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: