Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· News
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

THE ITIL BOOKS

The five ITIL books can be obtained directly from the publisher's website:
HERE

Or as downloadable PDFs: HERE

Current Membership

Latest: Robertdop
New Today: 92
New Yesterday: 81
Overall: 217548

People Online:
Visitors: 138
Members: 4
Total: 142 .

Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Related Resources

Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

Search

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Advertising
Please contact us via the feedback page to discuss advertising rates.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - 5 core publications and/or 4 recommended books for exam pass
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 core publications and/or 4 recommended books for exam pass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PanosM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: 5 core publications and/or 4 recommended books for exam pass Reply with quote

I'm new in this forum and at ITIL.

I have some questions.

I am heading to self-study for the ITIL Foundation exam.

I purchased the five core publications that are been referenced on the axeloswebsite [link removed by admin]
ITIL Service Strategy,
ITIL Service Design,
ITIL Service Transition,
ITIL Service Operation,
ITIL Continual Service Improvement

I noticed on [link removed by admin]in the "HOW CAN I PREPARE FOR THE ITIL FOUNDATION EXAM?| section and in the "Using a book:" paragraph, the sentence that reads:

Using a book: there are a number of different books available to help you pass the ITIL Foundation exam.

ITIL Foundation Essentials
ITIL Foundation Handbook
ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide
ITIL Lifecycle Essentials

My questions are the following:

What's the connection of these last four books that are been recommended for passing the ITIL Foundation exam with the five core publications stated initially?

I noticed that in a zip called ITIL-Foundation-Sample-Papers-v5-1-English.zip" that I downloaded that contained the ITIL Foundation Examination SampleA v5.1.pdf and their respective answers in the ITIL Foundation Examination SampleA ANSWERSandRATIONALES v5.1.pdf athat the answers on the questions are spanned and coming from all 5 core publications.

I understood after reading that the material covered in the four books that are been recommended for passing the ITIL Foundation exam is a subset of the 5 core publications.

What to read?

Both i) 5 core publications AND ii) the four books that are been recommended for passing the ITIL Foundation exam or just one of those i) or ii)?

and the 2nd question:
Do I need to read all four books that are been recommended for passing the ITIL Foundation exam ??

Thanks fo ryour answers Smile

[Admin - No direct links are allowed in the forum. Thanks].
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanosM,

First, thanks for taking the time t o put together a well thought out question.

1 - The 5 books represents on everything about ITIL. That is it. It is what you are tested on on all of the exams

2 = Courses are where the information is presented so it can be analsyis, discussed, distilled and understood.

Self study courses do that do - but without the interaction from a classroom

3 - self study material.

There are lots of material - quality and not so quality - material that attempts to give you a better understanding to pass the foundaiton exam

The key is that the book is an Official book authorised/certified / by the Axelos or the EI.

Training companies sell course work and of course books

The exam is 40 questions, you need 28 to pass.

There are no absolutes. The study guide could be all you need, the essentials, the handbook etc. could be for you as well . It all depeneds on your ability to read, comprehend and be able to successfully answer the question.

the samples papers from an EI, ATO or Axelos themselves are a good representation of what is on the exam

You have not put down what you doing work wise and why you are doing ITIL.

Answer and i wil lprovide more

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: