Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:53 am Post subject: Creating reports
I'll currently studying for the ITIL Foundation. I just started a new posiiton which my team is responsible for Incident, Problem and Change management. We have statistics for Incidents and Problems so I wanted to create stats for Change Management. Can someone recommend a book or tell me which excel forumlas I can use? I guess the % should focus on failed - success and problematic changes. I was also thinking exception and emergency changes as well.
Right now, I would like to focus on our weekend changes. So, creating a report on Tuesday with the status of the weekend changes. If this is successful than I can create daily and monthly reports. Thank you for your help
I once again agree with UKVIKING that you need to ask. In my company the reports are ever-evolving as things have gone well beyond the basic obvious metrics and are focuses on behaviors in relation to change activity.
In doing this it has really identified gaps in the process or show people's perceptions of the process.
My standard reports show:
* Total number of changes
* Total number of changes by environment
* Total changes by type (Normal/Standard and Emergency)
* Total sucessfull changes
* Total failed changes
* Total failed changes - breakdown by failure types
* Total changes by location (we deploy to many different locations)
* Total tasks by location (different teams deploy to different types of gear and applications)
* Total changes by application broken down by change type as well - this one is really cool as it shows what applications are most active and what types of changes are happening to them. As in if there is a lot of break/fix activity it shows this. Red Flag to management and they start asking really good questions.
* Failure explained (detailed descriptions of why the change failed) including the author of the change for performance.
and a few more that are focused on automation type changes.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum