Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: JSPL
New Today: 79
New Yesterday: 63
Overall: 139408

People Online:
Visitors: 60
Members: 0
Total: 60

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Foundation Certification
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Foundation Certification

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: sample exams Reply with quote

Can you help me to find sample foundation exam?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: sample exams Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Can you help me to find sample foundation exam?
Crying or Very sad Arrow Idea
aikins

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the ITIL Certification Forum Reply with quote

matrix0 wrote:
Welcome to the ITIL Certification Forum. Please feel free to discuss all issues related to ITIL training, certification and examinations.

Whats involved in ITIL foundation exams
Si-earth

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: How difficult is it? can any experienced buddy advise? Reply with quote

Shocked
matrix0

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not that much to it.... you study (often online via a vendor offering)... and then take the exam. No great trauma or worry.

There are two examination bodies, ISEB and EXIN. For the latter you can take the exam at your closest 'Prometric' Test Centre (there are 30,000 worldwide).
Ganeshmohan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you pls give a full detail ranging from
Timeline to prepare
Books to refer
Questiosn to refer
Guidelines/Tips

It would be great to all who are preparing for the exam.

Thanks a lot.
Jan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not quite as simple as that Ganeshmohan.

For instance "timeline to prepare". How can a third party tell you how quickly/slowly you would get through the material? That's surely down to your own capabilities.

Equally, there are different approaches to learning the material, and books ("Books to refer") quite often are not part of that. Certainly there were no books with the online course I took.

I know this may not be the response you wanted, but for me it's just a case of covering the material (online, classroom, books, whatever) and then taking the course. Put the effort into the learning phase and you should pass.
bfg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: ITIL Certification Reply with quote

Hi All

A lot will depend on your existing level of experience within the Service Industry. For some it will be a case of re-defining their existing knowledge using ITIL terminology, for others it will be entirely new concepts.

I suppose you could work on the basis that from scratch, a 3 day intensive course is normally enough to get you through the exam (40 multiple-choice questions in 1 hour, with a 65% pass (26/40) required).

An online course in your own time will take about 3 - 4 weeks, with an hour a night study.

Good luck.
BBJ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote my ITIL foundation certification today. Our course was a 2 day ( 8am to 5pm ) instructor led course ( done by EDS ). I can highly reccoment it.

The foundation course lightly covers all areas handled by the ITIL processes, so you get a good overview, but not nearly enough to go ahead and implement it. You need to take some of the other courses as well, and decide on an implementation strategy.

The one thing that was immediately obvious in taking the course is that depending on the size of your IT dept, you'll probably need to employ more bodies. Jack-of-all-trades just wont keep up with all the work.

My next step ( as a non-management type ) is to try and locate an opensource project that implements some of the ITIL procedures.
herrngtn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: ITIL Foundations Exam Reply with quote

I took ITSMI's class and sat the test at the end of the 3rd day. I highly recommend the training from an academic and practical standpoint. The test isn't that difficult, but you have to know the service management concepts well enough to know which one to use given a multiple choice scenario.
nuker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

At the end of 2004 i will finishing my training for a national title in IT-servicemanagement.
Then i would like to supplement the whole with an ITIL certificate. Therefore am interssted in example questions from the ITIL crtificates to compare the certificate-level with my current KnowHow.

Can anyone give me some examples?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: