Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: DamienSid
New Today: 60
New Yesterday: 85
Overall: 141584

People Online:
Visitors: 58
Members: 1
Total: 59 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Project handover to Service Desk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project handover to Service Desk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Project handover to Service Desk Reply with quote

I'm trying to put together some sort of handover document for when a project is looking for the Service desk to start fielding calls as b.a.u. I'm struggling to know where to start & what to include ... does anybody have any ideas?
itilimp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Funk,

bau? Business as usual?

Anyhow, I came across a couple of documents over on Tech Republic which may be helpful to you.
techrepublic.com.com/5139-10877-6047531.html
techrepublic.com.com/5138-10877-6042399.html?tag=search

I'd certainly recommend that rather than doing this as a one off you think long-term at implementing a service introduction programme so that including the front line support staff in a rollout becomes the accepted norm and is done so in a consistent manner.

We have a document that we use for major systems going in which includes things like who supports the software/hardware, contract details where required, etc. We aren't yet at the stage I'd like us to be (i.e. a known, repeatable process for all systems, not just major ones!) Wink
Funk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi itilimp,

Thanks for the links. I'm already making a nuisance of myself to get included in projects at an early stage, & have actually made some inroads! I though that if we could have a proper handover document in place it could act as a checklist for the project to make sure that things don't get missed - y'know, in that way that always happens in local gov't Confused

Cheers

PS - spot on with BAU, mind I've a couple of alternative ones as well Very Happy
itilimp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff. Unfortunately I know how things can 'get missed' only too well, working for a district council myself Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: