Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: BHurt
New Today: 18
New Yesterday: 74
Overall: 131852

People Online:
Visitors: 56
Members: 8
Total: 64 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL ISO 900X Mix
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL ISO 900X Mix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: ITIL ISO 900X Mix Reply with quote

Hi All,
well as I've posted a question in one of the other forums I thought I'd start here as well.

ITIL (as a technology process) can (and perhaps should) be added or tied into ISO 900X (X is the ISO 9000 series related to your particular industry) in such a way that when problems turn up (processes defined in the correct way should be able to show the problem area) a particualr responce (defined in ISO and ITIL) should kick in.
I may be going a bit far here, as I'm just getting into ITIL and do not know all areas involved, but my gut feeling says something can be done here - and as such it is something which is not yet on the market (please correc me if I'm wrong here).

Anybody else got an oppinion on this that they would like to share?

Regards
Chard
thecqo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: ITIL & ISO Reply with quote

I am new to ITIL as well, but am running a corporate initiative for my company for ISO 9001:2000 registration. I feel they are compatible, as ITIL does not include portions of ISO, but does embrace planning, controls, continuous improvement. Has anyone else out there attempted to implement both ISO and ITIL simultaneously?

Thanks,

b
Guta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chard and Thecqo,

From your comments both of you have a good understanding of the necessity of ISO, but lack the in-depth knowledge of ITIL.

• ISO 9000 is a family of standards to direct, implement, maintain, control and improve service delivery. ISO is primarily concerned with Quality Management. Everyone has their own perception of the definition of Quality Management..

• ITIL helps you align services with business requirements. ITIL gives you an integrated, centralized process framework. ITIL enables the ability for implementers to measure the processes and align them with business goals to achieve profitability.

I hope this helps.
Saad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: A Theme I have created Reply with quote

I would like to add to the last comments, that:

ITIL is your vehicle to ISO/BS credentials through documented processes/procedures that used by your IT staff while performing their daily work..
wolfhard
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
thanks for a great forum. I would love to have some clarity concerning the following:

"ISO is primarily concerned with Quality Management."

Does this mean that if I stick to the ISO family I can both desribe/determine/document the business processes aswell as monitor their performance? Which would be the essential ISO quality management documents for service management? ISO 9000:2000, 9001:2000, 9004:2000?

"ITIL gives you an integrated, centralized process framework. ITIL enables the ability for implementers to measure the processes and align them with business goals to achieve profitability."

Does this mean I can also see what the quality of the implemented process is, i.e. are their guidelines in ITIL that help you define quality monitoring like is done with CMMi? Can this quality monitoring be done with ISO?

Thanks a million.
Wolfhard Aring
Amalli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add to the one comments,

ISO9001 is a Quality Assurance process that essentially asks,
ARE YOU DOING WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE DOING?

Where as ITIL defines,

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING IN THE FIRST PLACE
WendyB
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISO stands for the International Standards Organization. And it comes in many flavors -

ISO 9000 - Quality Assurance Management
ISO 14000 - Environmental Management
ISO 27000 - Information Security Management
ISO 20000 - IT Service Management (ITIL)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Related Topics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: