Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: DMcneely
New Today: 24
New Yesterday: 42
Overall: 148435

People Online:
Visitors: 53
Members: 1
Total: 54 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Information Needed on Foundation Exam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Information Needed on Foundation Exam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s_s_r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Information Needed on Foundation Exam Reply with quote

I am planning to take the foundation exam this weekend. Ive covered almost all the chapters excluding Security Management. how many questions i can expect from security management topic. Can anybody pls help me.
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S_S_R

Sounds like you have left this rather late - I am not sure that anyone can give you a definitive answer to your question - just hope like H*ll that the number of questions are limited - There are 40 multiple choice questions at foundation level - you need 26 correct answers to pass at 65%. Good luck

Regards

Ed
Rache
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U can never guess I was going into my exam the other week thinking there could be about 4 questions on each topic but there is no way of guessing. The course tutor did say it was possible to pass by guessing some of the answers I'd recomend marking the ones you are certain of then one question at a time going through and illiminate stupid or impossible answers then even if you are left with two choices the probability is higher than guessing out of four choices.
Hope you do well - its the waiting for the results thats the killer!!!
itilimp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The foundation exam questions are (certainly for the ISEB exam anyway) all taken from the service support and service delivery books. So there aren't any questions on security management in them - unless you include security considerations for risk assessments in the IT service continuity part.

Either way - relax and good luck!
khan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S_S_R

You never know, I have taken the exam(EXIN) recently and there were two question from the Security. These question were very simple. I think the best way is to go understand the basic concept of each process and go for the exam
itilimp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got curious and found the EXIN syllabus for the Foundation certificate does indeed include Security.

Download EXIN Syllabus (PDF)
Downlaod the ISEB Syllabus (PDF)
s_s_r

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the valuable feedback..Will take the exam in couple of days and share the feedback with you all..
kirsty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SSR,

Good to see you on this forum. Have observed a lot of good resources been shared by you on sadikhov.

All the best for ITIL Foundation.

Can you also please share the material you are using for the ITIL Foundation certification?

Cheers

Kirsty
gurum

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: ITIL Foundation Certificate Prep. Material Reply with quote

hi,
I found ITIL Toolkit a great help (from [Edited: No URLs please]). For further info, u can email me.
duniyal

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have appeared for my foundation certificate exam some days back and i faced 2 ques. from security management. Exams was quite easy and can be passed if given reasonable efforts.
roshbittira

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: ITIL foundation certification Reply with quote

Hi
I just came across this forum today when i was hunting for some documentation on ITIL foundation certification. I did go through the previous posts and was quite informative. But, i would like to know something put in a nutshell,

1. Are the training courses necessary to pass the foundation certification?
2. Where can i find the documentations (ITIL foundation)
3. How long does it take for one to be familiar with ITIL foundation concepts?
4. How do i take the examination?
5. How much does it cost?

I would appreciate any response for my qeuries. I apologize for my ignorance on the matter as i'm new to this and my job (Network consultant) now demands for this certification and i'm quite eager to earn it.

Regards
Roshan Bittira
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: