Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: SJEIY
New Today: 17
New Yesterday: 79
Overall: 144652

People Online:
Visitors: 62
Members: 4
Total: 66 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Is ITIL "mainstream" in your country/organisation?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is ITIL "mainstream" in your country/organisation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fabien
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrester also said that about 12% of $1Billion+ companies have implemented ITIL in some form and another 30% is either starting or preparing to get started on an ITIL initiative. I believe those are US numbers.

The thing that the question does not cover is that ITIL is so high level in some respect that you could be implementing CoBIT and you have implemented ITIL. You could be going for BS15000, Mof, HP ITSM and you would have implemented ITIL as well.

CoBIT, which is definitely the leading methodology in the US, especially in terms of governance, has just released its V4.0 which contains a plethora of alignments on ITIL. The convergence is good, no matter which methodology you're implementing, because if you know ITIL, you won't be lost when you're in front of another 'book'.

Although I live in the US, I am from Belgium and most of the IT guys I know there knew about ITIL.

Accenture
Technology Consulting | Service Excellence
Red Badge Certified

Twitter @itilgeek
RobRoy47
Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: US Reply with quote

I've been working with ITIL in the US since 1999. Talk about a voice crying in the wilderness! ITIL has two main problems in the US. First of all, we didn’t invent it, so it is suspect. Secondly, it requires a cultural change. Our culture is perfect, therefore change is not necessary! Nonetheless, ITIL is making headway in the US, but it will take time. ITIL has one major advantage over its competitors-15 years of proven success!
taiger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

i'm working in the netherlands and i would say it's pretty big here.
xitil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Getting there... Reply with quote

I feel a lot like RobRoy47... and on the top of that, in France, we are not fond of processes... people like to invent new solutions all the time, not follow procedures! However, as inefficiency grows, best practices look like an innovative way to improve.

We're just about to start an Incident Management project... If you wish, you can have a look at my blog, and follow the ins and outs of that adventure day after day. Follow the link in my signature!
JANTHR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello:

Question I have a question about the best-practice…. (ITIL)

I hope to find the answer with you, or they can orient to me with whom I must ask

Do you exists reference where it explains activities of outsourcing en IT? For example: What is the number of computers than can have like load a worker of IT?

My question is because a company of but 1000 employees, it needs to know if it exists to standard or best- practice to contract personnel of outsourcing of IT, depending on the number existing personal computers in this company.

The personnel of outsourcing will be technical support.

Can be solved My question with this information ?
xitil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that several sources exist, eg Forrester research, Gartner Group, etc. But the numbers vary a lot depending the type of company: industry, service, centralized, all around the world, small, bug. It is always difficult to find out what would be the "right" numbers -and there ain't any "right" numbers anyway...
markbarr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Poland it is fairly niche - Proctor and Gmable in Warsaw have implemeted it in last 3 years.

I work for a large Mobile Telco and its interesting that the Telco part of the business have implemented ETOM and have all the processes, roles, SLA's etc in place.

Whilst the IT department are extremely informal and work on a "who shouts loudest" or "old pals network"

But hey, it pays my consultants wages Very Happy
matrejekm
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: NL and PL Reply with quote

I agree with markbarr.

In Poland ITIL is not a popular thing. It is almost not recognizable.
Smaller IT departments (e.g. in 1000 employee factory) cannot imagine how to implement this. They deal with problems on a "daily firefighting".

Some banks have implemented this. I don't know how comprehensive their implementation is.

I work for NL company, and NL companies seems to have ITIL in place (ALL OF THEM Wink ).

MARIUSZ

BTW:
markbarr - can you contact me?
Lola

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the US and only heard of ITIL about a year ago when the company I'm at started implementing it. We already had service desk and change management in place, so it wasn't a big step there, but we're still having a lot of problems.
We have the added complexity of a new supply/demand structure which created a Business IT component in the organization. The communication between bussiness, Business IT and IT is very poor, which is hindering parts of ITIL.
sach0111

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am in India, and i admit it is niche, but it is definitely growing... I am a student nd ITIL is my area of interest. Have done my foundations certification as well. Currently on a project to implement ITIL processes in a semi government organisation. And must say, people are quite well versed with what ITIL is, and this organisation is planning to go in for the BS15K certification soon. So they are very much into it.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have given Practitioner courses in Estonia, and the people there said it was regarded by management as extremely important.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: