Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:29 am Post subject: Desktop Support Supervisor
Job Title: Windows Desktop Supervisor
Location: Houston, TX
Position Type: Contract
Reference number: 364100
Work for one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world and gain experience working on a global enterprise project utilizing cutting edge technology.
The Senior Desktop Support Analyst will manage the day-to-day operations of a team of 13+ desktop support analysts, planned to include in the future 2 – 4 Lead Analysts, ensuring that support cover is provided across support hours to agreed service levels.
• Specific tasks / activities, management, financial / budgets, reporting, interfaces etc
• Daily resource planning, ensuring the required levels of desktop support cover for all customers throughout the 7:00am to 8:00 pm support hours.
• Working closely with the Service Desk and Service Level Management, manage the desktop teams use of processes and tools to record and resolve help and service requests, prioritizing in line with their SLA agreements.
• Act as an escalation point for the desktop team, managing customer expectations and reviewing user feedback.
• Work with the Desktop Engineering team to determine root cause of recurring problems and determine proactive measures for prevention.
• Ensure technical solutions are captured in a knowledgebase.
• Ensure the desktop team delivers clear communication to the business consistent with IT strategy.
• Establish and maintain relationships with peer customer support groups and with Global Operations, representing desktop interests in release management. Manage the team competencies to meet the needs of the business through appropriate contractor deliverables and training and development of permanent staff, with input to the Service Operations 5Q plan.
• Provide support resource for projects, conferences, and flexible location based users. Coordinate the desktop activity required to support user moves.
• Work with the procurement team to manage equipment inventory to optimize value and promote efficiencies in delivery and maintenance, to include stores management and equipment recycling.
• 3-5 yrs Desktop Support in Wintel environment.
• 2 yrs Supervisory/team leadership of 10+ people.
• 1 yrs Desktop support experience in a trading organization (in the last 3 years).
• Experience of the following technologies: Wintel (Windows OS on an Intel platform), Microsoft Windows technologies (MS Office, MS Exchange).
• Microsoft Certification (likely to have gained an MS certification during time doing direct support, not necessarily MCSE).
• Awareness of ITIL in a helpdesk environment
• Knowledge of Remedy.
• Awareness of Six Sigma.
• Experience of delivering projects.
• Experience of a change program, e.g. relocation of user base to new site.
Triad Resources specializes in direct hire staffing, managed contract services and comprehensive training solutions. As a company committed to the highest level of integrity, honesty and quality in service, we are unique in two important ways: First, we always operate with the utmost discretion and never submit your resume without discussing the opportunity and client with you. Second, we are committed to helping you find a position that matches not only your skills and experience, but your personal and professional goals as well. Utilizing our network of premier global and progressive companies, we are able to offer you exciting opportunities that keep your best interests at heart. We look forward to working with you.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum