Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: E0703
New Today: 26
New Yesterday: 73
Overall: 140000

People Online:
Visitors: 63
Members: 4
Total: 67 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Business Intelligence SLA's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Business Intelligence SLA's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lola

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Business Intelligence SLA's Reply with quote

I am a Service Delivery Manager and I am trying to write SLA's to capture services that fall under Business Intelligence, such as data warehousing, but also a complicated revenue reporting application and a few other complicated reporting applications. First off I'm having a hard time just identifying how to clasify these as 'services'. If I write the SLA at the Data Warehouse level, then where can I address these individual applications or more importantly the data quality within the applications?

I am thinking the OLA should be for the Data Warehouse and then my SLA's would be for each of the applications (which I know is not ITIL correct, but I cant think of any other option).
But even with this approach, I cant seem to find anyone to take ownership of data quality.
Is anyone else trying to make BI and ITIL fit together and having similar issues? Or anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!
biju

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I guess you should define OLAs to the teams who inputs to Data Warehousing system. Because if the input feeds are of high quality, the data quality and accuracy of the reporting applications also increase apparently.

Ideally this is not again properly ITILed cause Data Quality can not be considered as a service, it is only a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) of the whole Data Warehouse service.

I hope this helps.

Rgds,
Biju
Lola

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, that helps a bit.
What do you think about data feeds in general? I need to have agreements in place for when data loads (days/time, etc), I was going to put those in the SLA, but I'm wondering if they belong in the OLA instead?
I'm really suppose to be doing the SLA's and another group is doing the OLA's, but I think the OLA's they are doing are too vague to capture any of this which is why I'm trying to capture it in the SLA's.
We also have data quality problems and I have no idea how to go about enforcing that.
biju

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
If you are committing on data feeds (like scheduled day & time) to end users and management, it is fine to mention it on SLA.

However this should be supported with an OLA to the teams doing the data feeds. Because if you are not the one who does the data feed and you committ on an SLA,this might hit back if the other teams don't care about this committment.

Rgds,
Biju
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: