Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: MFleck
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 51
Overall: 145920

People Online:
Visitors: 57
Members: 1
Total: 58 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - What books good for Service Desk Processes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What books good for Service Desk Processes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mroem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: What books good for Service Desk Processes Reply with quote

New to the forum here. What is the best source of sample ITIL processes. For example, I feel compentent in change and config management because I've been involved in their implemenation. I know where to start and with the processes ultimately look like and how they function. I'm struggle with the service desk. Can I get this from the ITIL library...if so, what books?
Guerino1
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mroem,

As far as the list of processes, I don't know that OGC publishes a single definitive list. I can't embed the link but I have a large number of them listed at: http: // www <dot> traverseit <dot> com/it_ops <dot> html

The list crosses the line between ITIL, RUP, SDLC, etc. but it's the closest thing I know of that has the individual process areas listed. Once you know what process/discipline you're interested in, you're going to have to dig into the specific OGC ITIL reference manual on that specific topic.

As far as details on Service Management, the references I've seen are very vague. They seem more like high level guidelines of what a Service Desk means: definitions & terminology, why it's important to put in place, some of the basic functions, etc.

Does your firm have a help desk? If so, I'm sure they have processes that you can also tap into, to understand, such as Incident Escalation processes, Time-to-Resolution processes, Reporting processes, etc.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
gps

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mroem,

The Service Support (Blue Book) from OGC is a very good bok to start with in case to know all about Service Desk functions.

It gives you insights and best practices how you set up your Service Desk function like Local/Centalized/Vitual

Also the bok caters in detail to various other Service Suport Process like Incident Mgmt,Problem Mgmt, Config,Change and Release management. So it is a good buy and will be useful for adopting ITIL in your day to day operations.

Feel free to mail me in case you need more information
Regards
Suresh
sureshgp@gmail.com
Jupiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Above all, the resources what you have to establish a service setup also plays a crucial role..

Many firms have less effective service management s/w packages (which is crucial for recording the incidents) means, you have to go for the right package, that remains a basic step towards the goal..!

Mr.Suresh: Comments please..!

Thx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: