Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: CCarner
New Today: 33
New Yesterday: 89
Overall: 139451

People Online:
Visitors: 57
Members: 0
Total: 57

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - OLA templates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OLA templates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: OLA templates Reply with quote

I have just written (well, nearly finished...) a Service Catalogue and have now been asked to look at producing an OLA to cover some, if not all, of these services. I represent an Operations and Support function offering services internally to another division of the company who are repsonsible for delivering the (Available, Reliable, blah blah) service to the end customer. Someone else has had a go at doing the OLA previously and it just seems an incoherent mess.

Having now achieved the Catalogue, I feel the OLA should be a bit easier (can't imagine doing it without the Catalogue), but was wondering if anyone had a template or 2 to give me a starter for 10 - this forum helped kick me off on the Catalogue, so worth a try again I guess - don't want something to copy, just an idea on framework and headings - things to include and things definitely not to include etc.
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy

I wrote an OLA for Change Management between my Service Support Manager and me as Change Co-Ordinator. We ripped of the SLAs as shown in the green book (Planning to Implement Service Management) which was a godsend.

I have given a brief recap of what we included.

I have included section 1 in full to give a better idea as I felt unsure of being able to describe this bit.

Section 1 describes the document.

Change Management Operational Level Agreement
OPERATIONAL LEVEL AGREEMENT
FOR THE
Data Centre Change Management Process
Version 1.1
03/06/04
Author: Ed Wadey
OPERATIONAL LEVEL AGREEMENT FOR THE CHANGE MANAGEMENT PROCESS
This agreement is made between the IT Service Support Manager and Change Control Coordinator.
This agreement remains valid until superseded by a revised agreement mutually endorsed by the signatories below. The agreement will be reviewed annually. Minor Changes may be recorded on the form at the end of the agreement, providing they are mutually endorsed by the two parties.
Signatories:
Name................................ Position............................ Date ...............
Name................................ Position............................ Date ...............
Details of previous amendments:

Section 2 - Service Description:

Section 3 - Service Hours

Section 4 - Service Availability

Section 5 - Reliability

Section 6 - Customer Support

Section 7 - Service Performance

Section 8 Change Management Procedures

Section 9 - IT Service Continuity

Section 10 - Charging (if applicable)

Section 11 - Service Reviews

Section 12 - Glossary

Section 13 - Amendment Sheet

I hope this gives you a bit of a start

Regards

Ed
Alx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff ED!

I'm a newbie with ITIL, but I'm looking at implementing it throughout my organization. I manage a group composed of 4 distinct technical teams/areas, and I believe the OLAs will go along way in ensuring cohesive IT implementations and on-going support. Idea

thanks!
gps

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would like to have a look at the Service Catalogue to get a better understanding on Service Level Mangement. Could you please share some details/insights on the same?

Appreciate your help

Thanks
Suresh
sureshgp@gmail.com
IITS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, How long did it take you to create a service catalogue? Is it large? Did you make reference to other service catalogues or did you have a template in mind?

Any information you have would be great.

Thanks
peppermint
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IITS, what would you need help with? Usually it shouldn't take too long, the service catalogue should be an inventory of your services and who do you provide that particular service to. It's not as lengthy as an SLA for example. You can also publish it on your intranet, so that your finance dept can look up what services they use, or what else they could choose from.
Do you have any specific problem with compiling it?

pep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: