Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: TMcCann
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 69
Overall: 142364

People Online:
Visitors: 57
Members: 1
Total: 58 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Foundation Course Preparation material
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Foundation Course Preparation material

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yearend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: ITIL Foundation Course Preparation material Reply with quote

Hi, I am planning to take up ITIL 3 day course. Can anyone suggest which are the books/material I need to read before attending this course? Where do I get these from.

Also, Will I recieve any material when I attend this 3 day course?
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need any prepartaion really - just a background in IT. You should get the course notes and (usually) the fundamentals pocket book itSMF IT Service Management: A companion to the IT Infrastructure Library ISBN: 0952470616 (available in several languages).
This is all you will need, but I always recommend
Foundations of IT Service Management: based on ITIL (Paperback)
by Van Haren Publishing
ISBN:9077212582 (not the "official " book, but excellent)
vchezhian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: ITIL Tool kit Reply with quote

Hi,
I am planning to purchase ITIL Toolkit. Is that material enough to pass ITIL Foundation Certificate exam or do I have purchase some other books?

Thanks
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I do not think it would help - from what I gather it is a toolkit to help you implement - you need a proper course, and exam preparation.
ARoll
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the foundations, unless your company is paying, save yourself some money on a course and pick up the following book. Foundations of IT Service Management: based on ITIL. ISBN: 9077212582. This is the next revision of the book i read through prior to taking the exam and passed with ease. Some practical experience is helpful also.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that that is an excellent book - and I recommended it myself. However the self-study courses haelp with exam preparation. The Foundation is not hard, but the questions can be a just a bit tricky unless you are use dto them. I would advise ( in order of preference, and of cost)
1.Classroom based course
2.a self study course
3.Buy the books recommended and teach yourself.

Any option will work if you are really into the subject!
Chandranavin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Listen more than you read. Reply with quote

First, yes you should receive some material at the end of the session and that would be sufficient for exam point of view. However, some good reading is recomended to really understanding of ITIL the concepts.

Listen the class room session nicely, practise those mock test and most importantly unlearn what ever you know about ITIL before you get into the class.

Thats the way I did and I scored 100% in the foundation exam last week.

Good Luck
Navin
AmarKhanna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Assistance Required Reply with quote

Smile

Hi All,

I am planning to give the ITIL Foundation Exam next week. Does any one has Mock Test/Dump that can be of some assistance.

Secondly, what Tooklit or Study Material is best for Foundation Exam

Thanks in advance.

Regards
sweetie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Listen more than you read. Reply with quote

Hi Chandranavin,

I have my ITIL Foundation exam next Wednesday, am struggling here and there with regards to the mock exams (actually, I failed the first time and now I'm taking my resit). In the mock exams, scores are averaging 26 and it's only when I attempt the same exam again that I get a much higher mark, which doesn't feel very good as it should have been that the first time round. I have difficulty in sometimes understanding the meaning/context of the question? Although, I must admit, there have been a few questions with silly mistakes of reading the question the opposite way round?

Any hints / advice on revision techniques? I'm absolutely nervous for the exam and don't wish to fail second time round.

Thanks,

Chandranavin wrote:
First, yes you should receive some material at the end of the session and that would be sufficient for exam point of view. However, some good reading is recomended to really understanding of ITIL the concepts.

Listen the class room session nicely, practise those mock test and most importantly unlearn what ever you know about ITIL before you get into the class.

Thats the way I did and I scored 100% in the foundation exam last week.

Good Luck
Navin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: