Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:33 pm Post subject: Research topic anyone
Am a post graduate student who is interested in this field of ITIL, I have done my foundations certification as well and have also done two projects on ITIL. I have to do a research in my college. Could some one suggest a research topic related to this??
Joined: Jan 01, 2006 Posts: 500 Location: New Jersey
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:17 pm Post subject:
How about the following:
1) Explanations as to why most organizations migrate toward implementing ITIL disciplines such as Incident, Problem, and Change Management, while ignoring other major areas of ITIL, such as the DSL, DHL, etc.
2) The long term side effects of implement ITIL tool platforms, sequentially and over a long period of time, that don't interoperate properly.
3) Identification of gaps and inefficiencies in ITIL.
4) The long term costs associated with implementing ITIL disciplines.
5) Why companies are starting outsource ITIL implementations.
6) How ITIL, both, interoperates and conflicts with other best practice frameworks, such as MSF, MOF, RUP, SDLC, Agile, etc.
7) Aspects and/or requirements of a true CMDB and why it is so rarely implemented, properly, within modern enterprises.
8 ) The future of ITIL tools and platforms.
9) The positives and negatives of ITIL for SMBs.
I hope these help.
Regards, _________________ [Edited by Admin to remove link]
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum