Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: EDerosa
New Today: 57
New Yesterday: 72
Overall: 139747

People Online:
Visitors: 78
Members: 2
Total: 80 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Atrium CMDB requirement gathering Templates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Atrium CMDB requirement gathering Templates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsvgopal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Atrium CMDB requirement gathering Templates Reply with quote

I would like to know if anybody has a template/questionnaire for collecting the information from the customer for the deployment of Atrium CMDB.
Guerino1
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Atrium CMDB requirement gathering Templates Reply with quote

rsvgopal wrote:
I would like to know if anybody has a template/questionnaire for collecting the information from the customer for the deployment of Atrium CMDB.

Hello Rsvgopal,

May I please ask what type of questions it is that you are expecting in the templates and why your process involves asking the customers for information?

Regards,
rsvgopal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A customer has implemented BMC Remedy ITSM 6.3 and the Incident and Problem Management Modules. He now wants to deploy CMDB as part of ISO 20000 certification process. Hence the question.
Guerino1
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rsvgopal,

I apologize. It appears I did not clarify my question, enough.

Specifically, what type of questions are you expecting to ask the clients and why is it that you are asking them?

Regards,
rsvgopal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guerino:

Since I am not positioning the product, the questions would be in line iwth how the CI's and cIrelationships are going to be defined, what application data sets are going to be integrated with CMDB, manual or auto discovery of CI's will be used etc.

If there is a standard template of questions available, I would tailor the questions relevant to this customer.

---
ChipPanFat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: CMDB Reply with quote

The CMDB is very particular to the environment in which its deployed, if you are using a tool it will normally come with a template. But in my experience I have never seen one customer using the template as is and will always need some customisation.

What I would suggest is that if you are using a tool, use it as a template for your CMDB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Configuration Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: