Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: HTurriff
New Today: 14
New Yesterday: 69
Overall: 148092

People Online:
Visitors: 89
Members: 3
Total: 92 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Security Practitioner Certification
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Security Practitioner Certification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: ITIL Security Practitioner Certification Reply with quote

Helow ITIL's

Does anybody knows about this certification. I've done already my Foundatiosn Cert but I dont found any information sur l' Internet.

Regards to all,

LD
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
itilimp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have search on the net for ITIL practionar training providers. They should publish the syllabus for their ITIL Security practionar course.

This is an example of one I've seen (not mentioning company as I don't think we are supposed to advertise people here?):

Fundamentals - scope, concepts and definitions
    Context - why bother with Security Management, business need and business benefit, the legal aspect, the Security Management framework
    Standards and procedures - security standards, BS7799, certification of systems, codes of conduct and employee issues, developing a Security Policy
    Threats - what are the threats to the infrastructure (distributed systems, data centres, networks, software, information, etc.)? What are the threats posed by increased exposure to the internet and the prevalence of malicious software?
    Risk Management - approaches to analysing risk, assessing vulnerability, implementing countermeasures and combating risk
    Protecting the infrastructure - software safeguards, people issues, network and communications considerations, servers and systems, preserving integrity of information, development issues, maintaining confidentiality, business continuity
    Interfaces into IT Service Management - integrating IT Security Management into IT Service Management
    Security Management roles - The role of the Security Manager, start-up and ongoing activities
    Implementing Security Management - costs, awareness, problems and success criteria.

Hope that helps.
Vicstr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: ITIL Security Certification? Reply with quote

I noticed this thread, I can not find any ITIL certs for security? If you know of any I certainly would like to know where I can find them

Thanks,

Vicstr
Brevan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: ITIL Security Certification? Reply with quote

Vicstr wrote:
I noticed this thread, I can not find any ITIL certs for security? If you know of any I certainly would like to know where I can find them

Thanks,

Vicstr

Likewise I'm trying to find a UK/EU provider of training for this certification - can anyone help? There is very little on the net.

Cheers,
Brevan
m_croon
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brevan,

Last time I've checked, my employer had this training on our schedule, at least in the Netherlands. I'll check for you if we provide it in English and outside the Neth. If you can give me your e-mail adres I'll mail the results of my little quest to you (just like itilimp, I do not want to use this forum as a commercial for my employer).

By the way ITILIMP? Is that Imp as in 'implementation' or Imp as in Terry Pratchetts little creatures Razz
Brevan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: ITIL Security practioner training Reply with quote

m_croon wrote:
Hi Brevan,

Last time I've checked, my employer had this training on our schedule, at least in the Netherlands. I'll check for you if we provide it in English and outside the Neth. If you can give me your e-mail adres I'll mail the results of my little quest to you (just like itilimp, I do not want to use this forum as a commercial for my employer).

Thanks very much for finding this out.
I'm happy to travel in Europe if the training is provided in English.
E-mail vorlai at yahoo dot co dot uk
This forum doesn't provide any means for me to give you my e-mail address privately - they should turn the private messaging feature on. Really useful in other forums I use.
m_croon
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I only found out now that a second reaction on this post by me must have been taken off the forum. I put the url for exin exam info on it (but 'scrambled' of course), with info re. the practitioner's exam for security mgt in English.

Brevan, I'll send you the url by e-mail.

Cheers,

Michiel
itilimp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m_croon wrote:
By the way ITILIMP? Is that Imp as in 'implementation' or Imp as in Terry Pratchetts little creatures Razz

It's whichever way you wish to take it Twisted Evil

Actually, it is as in the little mischievous creatures; it was only later that I realised it could be used as 'implementation' which could work quite well for future consultancy (I dream!).
m_croon
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brevan,

Did you get my previous e-mail (2 days ago)?
I am sorry to say that we do not offer this course in English. Mad Hope you'll find it somewhere else.

Cheers,

Michiel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: