Joined: Sep 22, 2006 Posts: 9 Location: Plymouth, UK
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:22 pm Post subject: CM Roles and Responsibilities
We are just trying to decipher a list of Roles and Responsibilties in terms of Configuration Management for our IT Teams, does anyone know where I can get so useful information on this subject, or any advice.
Plan, publicize and oversee implementation of Configuration Management tools.
Create and manage the configuration management plan and its implementation. This includes CI registration procedures; access controls and privileges.
Plan and execute the population of the CMDB.
Ensure the CMDB is used to facilitate impact assessment for CRs and ensure that implemented changes are as authorized.
Perform configuration audits to check that the physical IT inventory is consistent with the CMDB and initiates any necessary corrective action.
Joined: Aug 20, 2006 Posts: 25 Location: Indonesia
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:02 pm Post subject:
Just want to add more, the Configuration Management responsibilities can be:
- Continuously reviews Configuration Management processes for improvement opportunities
- Defines configuration item naming and numbering conventions
- Defines and manages interfaces to CMDB, both for data entry and query
- Determines level of CIs to be tracked
- Ensures periodic audit of CMDB data, including correction actions
- Manages CI registration process (includes identification of CI owner)
- Manage regular housekeeping of the CMDB
- Monitors and verifies CMDB updates resulting in production environment changes
- Provides storage, database structure, and database maintenance for data about registered CIs (e.g., attributes and relationships)
- Provides storage and database maintenance for documents and other electronic CIs (e.g., incidents, changes projects, etc.)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum