Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: StevenDesy
New Today: 54
New Yesterday: 97
Overall: 141306

People Online:
Visitors: 62
Members: 0
Total: 62

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL and PMP
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL and PMP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnetra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: ITIL and PMP Reply with quote

I am a PMP (from PMI, USA). Everyone talks about how closely ITIL and PRINCE2 are linked, and both combined as a good career option.

My question is: Can ITIL certification add value to my PMP credential? Or, both ITIL and PRINCE2 being British originated will compliment each other, and it makes more sense to do PRINCE2? To put in simple terms, of the two: 1) ITIL + PMP or 2) ITIL + PRINCE2, which one is a good career option (for any one in general)? If it is second option then I will not further proceed with ITIL certification as being certified PMP I am not interested in looking at PRINCE2.

I clearly know that both are different - ITIL is for ITSM and PRINCE2 or PMP is for PM.

Thanks.

Balaji
Ziad
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, it's the same. PMP is a high rated certificate and you require quite a considerable number of proven project management hours to be accpeted for the training.
There was a couple of PMP certified project managers taking ITIL Service Management at the same time when I took it.

Regards,
Z!
Fabien
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRINCE2 is the Project Management methodology recommended by ITIL. In reality though, you will be more successful in the US if you are a PMP. As ITIL catches up, you may see it drag other concepts/methodologies with it, like CRAMM for risk management, but it's a long shot I think, especially given the American presence on board for ITIL 3.

Accenture
Technology Consulting | Service Excellence
Red Badge Certified

Twitter @itilgeek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: