Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: MMontanez
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 48
Overall: 146028

People Online:
Visitors: 55
Members: 0
Total: 55

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL for Dummies
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL for Dummies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: ITIL for Dummies Reply with quote

My organization is interested in getting a brief overview on ITIL for its leadership--sort of an "ITIL for Dummies." We are in the Washington DC area. Does anyone know of an organization who would have the expertise to provide this? This could be structured as a one-time meeting or as a preliminary contact for a potential business opportunity.

Thoughts? ideas? Any would be welcome.
jpomales
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: How deep? Reply with quote

Hi. I was actually mulling the possibility of sitting down and writing something like ITIL for dummies. At least for me it sounds like a great idea at the time. I still have it in my head, taunting me. But I can't start to do anything yet until I've finished my MBA. Tell me, how deep is this ITIL training you're looking for?
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITIL for Dummies? What a great idea!

OK... this a user portal... a community... let's do it together!

With a little input from enough people we can build the definitive guide for ITIL, written in everyday simple language. It just takes that bit of effort.

We have created a special 'open' website for the project: www.itlibrary.org By 'open' I mean that EVERYONE can edit it freely and easily. Simply go there and input definitions, explanation, etc. The technology and approach is actually called 'wiki', and it's easy:

a) To edit a page just click 'Edit this Page'. Click 'Done' when you have finished and the new page is saved.

b) New pages? You will see some terms had a '?' next to them. Click on this and a brand new page will open for you to populate with the description.

c) To create a totally new page, simply insert underscore (_) at the start and end of the phrase and between the words in it, on an existing page. A question mark will appear as above.

That's all there is to it.

One last thing: if you contribute you are very welcome to add your name to the list of contributors. Equally, you can add your own page from there to tell the ITIL community who you are, if you wish to.

So.... if you have knowledge on ITIL... please help out here. Let's create something really useful and worthwhile!
wosti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: That's a pity Reply with quote

Well,

I've visited the site http://www.itlibrary.org and I've noticed that since you've suggested the site, it has not been updated.

We can organize groups that could get topics to write about.

or, we could discuss about a spefic topic and to generate a summary and put it on the web site. What do you think?

best regards
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every now and again someone comes along and does a bit of work on it. It's a very slow process though.

If you have the expertise there to add content more quickly, please do go ahead. All good unique ITIL content is very welcome and very useful (that site gets quite a lot of visitors looking for help).

This forum will contnue to support the initative as much as possible, and will continue to promote it.

Thanks.
Damian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it worthwhile putting up some generic flowcharts for the internals of each process and the interaction of them? It would be easy enough to put some together, but I'm curious whether the site is intended to have things like graphics on it.

Regards,
-- Email ddriessen @ endpoint DOT com DOT au
ITILadmin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very much so. Graphics (and flowcharts, etc) are more than welcome. A picture can speak a thousand words, after all.

Thank you.
JB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: IT Library Reply with quote

good site, very helpful. Will have a good look around. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: