Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: EMitchell
New Today: 39
New Yesterday: 69
Overall: 148119

People Online:
Visitors: 53
Members: 2
Total: 55 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - What kind of script modification trigger a new RFC?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of script modification trigger a new RFC?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ueuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: What kind of script modification trigger a new RFC? Reply with quote

Will a new RFC be required if in order to correct the formatting problem, which does not affect the logic of the script in any way for an approved change.

Thanks,
Ziad
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Definition, if the script is a document stored and maintained in the CMDB, and the modification will incur a change into any of its attribute (like "version" for example), then it is considered a change (most probably a pre-approved one in which case an RFC is submitted for information and for recording purposes, not for approval).

Cheers,
Z!
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more than wary around script changes - given the problems that can be caused by 'reserved' words in programming languages I treat all script changes as Basic changes. These need serious consideration, not just a quick read for information

Regards

Ed
peppermint
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely agree that it should be a change, and you have to assess the risk going with it. Nevertheless, I wouldn't bother putting in RFC about script formatting changes on a test system.

pep
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pep

I agree, unless your client wishes to keep control of the Test Environment, as one of mine does. In this case, we treat their Test Environment as we do their Live - Any Change requires an RFC.

Regards

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Change Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: