Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: LBristol
New Today: 15
New Yesterday: 69
Overall: 144719

People Online:
Visitors: 48
Members: 1
Total: 49 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Performance and Workload Management
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Performance and Workload Management

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amacdos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Performance and Workload Management Reply with quote

Hi ,
I have a question to ask on Capacity Management , is there a sub process called as Performance , Workload , and Demand Management .
I went to search and I can't find much about these processes .

Is it a part of ITIL processes .

Regards
dboylan
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Performance and Workload Management Reply with quote

amacdos wrote:
Hi ,
I have a question to ask on Capacity Management , is there a sub process called as Performance , Workload , and Demand Management .
I went to search and I can't find much about these processes .

Is it a part of ITIL processes .

Regards

Capacity Management has activities for Application Sizing, Demand Management, and Modeling. I believe that your term of Workload would equate to Demand Management and your term of Performance would be the same as ITIL's Modeling.
Fabien
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elements of Capacity Management: PCWARDMC

Performance Management
Capacity DB
Workload Management
Application Sizing
Resource Management
Demand Management
Modeling
Capacity Planning

(From HP's "Winning Formula")

Accenture
Technology Consulting | Service Excellence
Red Badge Certified

Twitter @itilgeek
Yorkie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Closely aligned to Performance Management is the iterative Capacity Management activities as defined within ITIL Capacity Management process. Monitoring, Analysing, Tuning and Implementing changes. Performance Management through selective monitoring provides the focus for Tuning infrastructure ( applications for example ) to gain capacity advantage ( defer expenditure by getting more capability out of the infrastructure.

Demand Management is another way to gain capacity advantage, by moving workloads to smooth demand on the system. Charging for use during peak times for example, or changing/moderating customer behaviour.

Regards
amacdos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Any reference Reply with quote

Hi there ,
As you guys are saying that Performance ,and Workload is part of Capacity Management is there any reference , that I can find .
I search throught the OGC book . It doesn't seems to be any information on these processes .
dboylan
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Any reference Reply with quote

amacdos wrote:
Hi there ,
As you guys are saying that Performance ,and Workload is part of Capacity Management is there any reference , that I can find .
I search throught the OGC book . It doesn't seems to be any information on these processes .

In chapter 6 of the Service Delivery book, refer to section 6.3.7 for Modeling and section 6.3.8 Application Sizing.

If these sections do not cover what you need to know, perhaps we could help you better if you defined the terms "Performance" and "Workload".
amacdos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dboylan,
I was just curious , because my customer was quite sure there are these two processess . I did a research ,and couldn't find anything . Maybe terms could have changed with Modelling and Application Sizing .

What are really these processes , if you are able to brief me , because i am still new in ITIL .
Fabien
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, now that I look for it, I can't find it. It is referenced in my HP class.

The performance management is the iterative process performed essentially by Resource Management. It includes the infamous Monitoring, Analyzing, Tuning, Implementing.

The workload management subprocess as I remember is a part of Tuning.

Accenture
Technology Consulting | Service Excellence
Red Badge Certified

Twitter @itilgeek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: