Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: CerysBachx
New Today: 67
New Yesterday: 63
Overall: 149741

People Online:
Visitors: 56
Members: 1
Total: 57 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Passed Foundation, now what?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Passed Foundation, now what?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cc_quokka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Passed Foundation, now what? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I passed the EXIN Foundation exam today, 38/40. I found it easy compared to technical Microsoft exams, at least the questions are straight forward and don't try to trick you.

My question is, what's the next step? I studied using a small training manual for the foundation, but what's the deal with the next stage - should I go on a course? What's the exam criteria?

Best Wishes

Quokka
ARoll
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quokka,

Congrats on passing the foundation exam. The next step just really depends on what you want to achieve. Myself post passing the foundations, because i deal specifically around Change and Configuration management i went for the Practitioner in Release and Control. To obtain either the Master's or Practitioner Cert you will need to attend a training course to qualify to take the exam. Cost wise, granted this was through HP, the practitioner courses are approx $2500 US and the Master's i think totals $7-8k but its been a year since i've looked at their pricing. Other option is Pink Elephant. But it just depends on where you see your career path taking you. Best of luck.

Adam
cc_quokka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I am more of a techie, but have found my exposure to ITIL very rewarding. So I take it I would now look at doing a 'Practitioner' course/exam on any one of a number of the processes. I may look into the options on this. I may like to move more into Service Management in the future.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has a view on my options.

Regards,

The Quokka
dboylan
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having risen to IT management from a desktop technician and service desk path, I found the Support and Restore Practitioner (Incident, Problem, Service Desk) course my favorite to teach. It will really make you examine how the processes interact with each other and how Best Practices says the activities of each process (and the functions of Service Desk) should work.

Plus the Pink Elephant Support and Restore Practioner course goes into Process Flows, Authority Matrix, Inputs/Outputs, and Performance/Compliance/Quality/Value measurement metrics. I can't speak to other vendor's course material.

Don
itil_newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation for your success !

I'm also Microsoft certified technician 2000/XP/2000 Server since 2002.
I turns towards quality and coordination.
bansalebox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quokka,
Congratulations on your success. I am also preparing for ITIL foundation and would prefer to do self study.. can you please suggest me some study material.. any link possibly for soft book.. which will help me doing better in exam.
Cheers,
~Abhi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: