Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ZAndes
New Today: 43
New Yesterday: 44
Overall: 146553

People Online:
Visitors: 45
Members: 0
Total: 45

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Reports
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Reports

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighter
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: ITIL Reports Reply with quote

Will any one be able to share sample reports for all the process & Service Desk from real world.

I am creating long list of reports for each of the process, would like to view what my fellow ITILers are doing with the reports as well.

Any comments and advice would be great.

Cheers,

Vimzie
goitilcouk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vimzie,

this is quite a wide brief? would you like to focus it down a bit more ??
dboylan
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a list of reports that can be used to measure the effectiveness of all the ITIL processes, but I do report on my area of responsibility in my organization.

One of the things that should always be kept in mind when designing reports is that the reports must balance against four different (and potentially conflicting) aspects:

1) Compliance - Is the process being followed. Are the policies being upheld.
2) Quality - How well is the process being followed. How well are the jobs being performed.
3) Performance - How quickly, how many, how efficiently, etc
4) Value - Show me the money

If you are measuring a Service Desk's speed of answering phones, you may be measuring Performance. If there is a policy that the caller must not wait on hold more than X minutes, then you may be measuring Compliance.

But that metric is in no way measuring Quality or Value. In fact, I can answer the phone, say "Hello, goodbye", hang up, and make my Performance and Compliance metric look great. At the cost of Quality and Value.

Measuring Value is probably the most difficult. "Show me the money" is the question that process improvement is hardest to show, except in perhaps Problem Management. But you should still find metrics to measure the money saved due to increased performance, decreased down time, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Related Topics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: