Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: CCarner
New Today: 33
New Yesterday: 89
Overall: 139451

People Online:
Visitors: 54
Members: 0
Total: 54

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - How will ITIL V3 effect the Managers exam courses?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How will ITIL V3 effect the Managers exam courses?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ormondo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: How will ITIL V3 effect the Managers exam courses? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm booked in for my ITIL Managers Red Badge in May, June and July. Now this is for the Service delivery and Service Support courses plus exams.

My questions are should I cancel this and wait for version 3 to be released? or should I go ahead and do it?

When will the full Version 3 course be up and running? also how long will Version 2 be valid for before I have to do the update exam.

Answers please...
Geeze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormondo

Personally I'd take still take the Managers exam as you have it booked. The core principles of Service Delivery & Service Support won't change. I faced a simlar dilema when V1 went to V2 and continued to take the V1 Managers exam. My rational was it's like Microsoft uprages.. go with what's established as the fundamentals won't change!.

The books are due out 30th May, I doubt the training providers will get much pre-visibility to adapt their courseware. My take on 'stable' V3 exams will be back end of this year.

Hope that helps.

Geeze
Ormondo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Geeze,

Do you have any idea how much the upgrade exam will be?
Geeze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. My understanding is that currently there will be no upgrade exam as such just an overview outlining the differences between V2 & V3. I'm presuming this will be an offering by the Training Companies but i'm not sure of their cost models.

I don't believe there was an upgrade exam from V1 to V2 either( I certainly never took one), just awareness sessions run by the Training Companies.
Ormondo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the advise, much appreciated..
itilimp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that there would be upgrade exams made available, although the details most likely have yet to be worked out. Primary source APM Group (click here):

Quote:
There will be opportunities for candidates to upgrade their qualifications and short conversion or update courses will be provided if required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: