Joined: Feb 01, 2006 Posts: 1 Location: Campina Grande, Brazil
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:16 am Post subject: Help with numbers about service provision
I'm creating a scenario to evaluate a model which I am developing. The model helps to measure the service level impact of an incident, or a change, etc.
The business model we are considering assumes that the service provider earns a fixed fee per successful transaction and it pays a penalty if the service violates the availability SLA.
For each service, i need some numbers:
1) Type of service: Ex.: e-commerce, database storage, financial transactions, etc.
2) Earned fee for each sucessful transaction: Ex.: $ 0,5 per transaction
3) Service throughput: Ex.: 30 transactions per minute, 1 transaction per second
4) Service Availability. Ex.: 99,99%, 99,9%
5) SLA Evaluation period: ex.: 30 days
6) Daily Uptime (or monthly uptime): ex.: 24h/day or 20 days/month
7) Penalty payed for service unavailability. ex.: $ 40.000,00
Observe that there are situations where the provider does not earn a fee per transaction. In this case the fee for transaction is $0.00.
If you want to collaborate providing real data, I'll not divulgue your company name or any information about you. I'm only interested in numbers to evaluate my model.
You can even suggest numbers based on your experience.
Thank you in advance,
Rodrigo Rebouças de Almeida
Computer Science Phd Student at
Federal University of Campina Grande
Paraíba - Brazil
EDITED: No Links Please
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum