Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: FMcClinto
New Today: 9
New Yesterday: 43
Overall: 146518

People Online:
Visitors: 45
Members: 1
Total: 46 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Configuration Management Using Remedy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Configuration Management Using Remedy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighter
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Configuration Management Using Remedy Reply with quote

Is any one using Remedy Asset Management tool in your organisation to do Configuration Management willing to share experiences/challenges you faced in deploying/using Remedy Asset Management to perform Configuration Management. Please write to me in this thread.

Cheers,

Vimzie
meobservo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Using Remedy Reply with quote

Hi,

I have to develop a CM process with Remedy Atrium 2.0 from zero. We don´t have any asset tool and we will start with Atrium.

Any comments or suggestion are wellcome.

Cheers,
fighter
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Remedy Atrium Reply with quote

meobservo,

Glad to hear you are using Remedy as well.

We have started our journey in CMDB using Remedy Asset Manager and not Atrium though but I believe the concepts would remain more or less the same.

Iam doing it as a project not just a process..

I started with sorting out my CTI, Customer Details & Locations, Support Groups and mapping them with each other.

currently in the plan of obtaining the asset data as the data we have is not accurate.

In our plan the time that would take for us to populate the entire Items would be 6 months. We have 20 subsidiray companies under us. So its relatively easy for us to obtain the data once we have the auto discovery agent installed in the end PC.

Will be glad to hear your experiences and approach

Cheers,

Vimal
meobservo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: CMDB Reply with quote

Hi Fighter,

Our objective is to manage the CIs required to provide our services, as we are an outsourcing company. Firstly, we have created a service catalog and started the change management process in order to know at what level of CIs we want to reach. I haven´t clear enough yet, but probably we will use our Service Catalog to create the relationships between CIs.

About your project. cán you create CIs relationships with Asset module? what CMDB concepts do you what to remain the same with the Asset module?

Cheers,
alphasong
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: formalize the concept of "application" Reply with quote

Several organizations I have worked with have focused heavily on formalizing the concept of "application" and mapping it to hosts. I see application as a subtype of service; service catalog concepts start pushing one towards larger granularity, but so much seems to hinge on that pivotal concept of "application" that I recommend focusing there early. I distinguish between "application" and "software technology product" if that helps.

Applications can be Assets in Remedy Asset and related to physical servers via Topology. Not too hard. Atrium is significantly different however.

-ctb
fighter
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost I created a Service catalog with the following mappings

We are providing 11 services to our customers. All our customers are internal customers

Service - Customers
Customers - Locations
Customers - Business Locations

Then identified a Topology Diagram of All services to map the users and CI's.

We have started to add all the CI's in the Data Center and mapped it to the Services.

Next stage is to set up the relationship between end users and CI's which will take longer time.

We are hoping to populate the CMDB by end of the year and from 2008 we will have periodic audits to verify the CI's.

While we are doing this, I am training concerned support people understand Change/Release Management process and use the Change Management module.

I have customised the tool to send out an alert to Configuration Administrator as and when the change gets completed or in other words when the change gets closed then Config Admin gets notified.

And inturn Config Admin verifies the Change Documents and make the necessary change in Asset Management.

What do you do for Software Releases and patches how do you go about it.

Cheers,

Vimz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Configuration Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: