POSITION: Business Analyst (BA) – ITIL/ITSM; CobiT
POSITION OBJECTIVES: The BA is responsible for the planning, development, and successful delivery of strategic assessments and recommendations, business workflow analysis, change management activities, and process measurement. The successful BA candidate must manage communications around project details and expectations with clients and internal practice areas (Creative, Marketing, Application Development, etc.) and the Idea Project Manager and Management team.
Similarly, the BA will be the initial consultant into a client site to serve as the Subject Matter Expert and work initially to identify areas of opportunity for the client dealing with their organizational operations. The BA is responsible for following a business analysis and workflow design approach involving stakeholder interviewing techniques, human factors analysis, process assessment/design, business analysis , workflow modeling, change leadership, and requirements/use case gathering.
The successful candidate can apply core business analysis and project management principles to:
Establish a professional, successful relationship with the client organization and stakeholders
Conduct full business analysis and requirements gathering sessions to capture the as-is workflow activities, pain paints and feature requests from technologies that support the processes
Document project details and deliverables using Idea’s internal methodology and industry best practices
Develop and execute a project plan when working autonomously to ensure deliverables are on-time, under budget and meet the approved scope criteria
Effectively coordinate and manage project resources in order to successfully delivery the engagement
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (those functions actually required to perform the position, the removal of which would fundamentally change the job)
1. Formal and proven experience with business process and system analysis
2. Proven experience with ITIL/ITSM and/or CobiT projects
3. Formal use of a project methodology lifecycle.
4. Formal experience producing process/system analysis and design documentation
5. Must be detail-oriented and very organized.
Effective written and oral communication skills –
o Ability to interview client stakeholders and document current business operations and project objectives/scope for future phases.
o Ability to work with stakeholders to build trust with our organization/consultants in order to capture accurate information about the project engagement
Consistent use of excellent judgment when making daily decisions about project activities.
Possess analytical and creative abilities to problem solve and offer new/alternate solutions.
Have prior success in managing projects to standard metrics.
Can manage client expectations throughout the project’s lifecycle.
Ability to multi-task; successfully manage multiple projects of different sizes/types.
Be a team player - manage and motivate project team members – lead and be led.
Strong, professional presence.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS: (although not fundamental to the job, these functions are required to be performed periodically or infrequently or may be reassigned)
1. The Business Analyst candidate will be required to learn our organization’s project management methodology, ‘RoadMap’ and required documentation artifacts.
2. The Business Analyst candidate will be required to learn our organization’s business process management methodology, ‘Insight’ and required documentation artifacts.
3. Experience with the Microsoft technology suite is a plus.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: (qualitative or quantitative job standards imposed on all employees in this position, for example, typing 70 w.p.m.)
1. Available to work at least 40 hours per week
2. Available to work between 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM
1. Formal Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. PMI, Six Sigma, or equivalent certification is helpful but not required.
(a) MS Project
(b) MS Office
(c) MS Visio or comparable modeling tools
(d) Experience with facilitation techniques
1. Experience: Candidates must have 4-6+ years of successful work experience as a Business Analyst within a consulting, web/application and/or software development organization. Proven success with managing projects using a project management methodology applied throughout a project’s lifecycle. Process analysis, re-design, and documentation experience is required and sample documentation may be requested for review.
2. Knowledge: Knowledge and experience with industry standard Business Analysis and Workflow Modeling principles and techniques for identifying, modeling, and redesigning business processes is required. Understand the principles and techniques to transition from Business Process Analysis into defining system requirements with Use Case Scenarios.
Complimentary knowledge of the Internet, e-commerce, software solutions and trends is preferred. A solid understanding of both front-end and back-end application design and development including creative design, content development, multimedia design, HTML, CSS, and the .NET framework is preferred.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum