Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: C1592
New Today: 18
New Yesterday: 44
Overall: 146528

People Online:
Visitors: 36
Members: 0
Total: 36

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL V3 - are you going to embrace it ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL V3 - are you going to embrace it ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goitilcouk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: ITIL V3 - are you going to embrace it ? Reply with quote

This question has started doing the rounds in our office, and I wondered how the day to day practitioners of ITIL feel about it.

With ITIL2 being out for so long and being adopted in a large number of IT cultures it is probably going to be a major task to step up processes and culture changes to ITIL3. The question it bound to be "so whats the benefit"?

As a temperature check I was wondering how many organisations are already saying they are going to go to ITIL3 and how many are making a conscious decision to stay with ITIL2 for the forseeable future?
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the new release coming out in May

From what I have seen/heard/read/etc

the basic disciplines have not changed... just how they are organized

So I am doing Operational Change Management

protecting an Operational environment by controlling all configuration work which impacts on the live services.

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
itilimp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our case we'll still be implementing the v2 processes from service support but with a view to embracing improvements that may be brought about in v3. Certainly where new processes in v3 solve a problem we have, we will look to implement those if viable. What we aren't doing is holding up our implementation because of v3. It's all still valid.
Jinx003

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in our case, we would still stick to V2, that has been successfully implemented, for the time being and would like to evaluate the benefits of V3.

Perhaps whatever could be implemented from V3, we might capture as part of SIP and gradually upgrade to V3.
jamilforitil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that V2 or V3 matters, besides, where are you in ITIL Vx ? that's what matters...after implementation and bla bla....you reach the SIP (service imporvement program) it's a part of the process...when should you say ...I am done I have imporved my processes....the right answer is : never...
Benson112
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to find out more about V3 before i can say we will move towards it. It all sounds very good in principle but im yet to understand the full ins and outs.
To be honest, we are not even mid way through a complete implementation of V2 yet so i am somewhat doubtful we will even look at V3 for some time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: