Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: KHinojosa
New Today: 25
New Yesterday: 61
Overall: 139352

People Online:
Visitors: 60
Members: 0
Total: 60

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL V3 Processes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL V3 Processes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seanmm1

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: ITIL V3 Processes Reply with quote

Good evening all;

Can any one share with me, their thoughts on ITIL V3, whihc was released in May. I see that it offers several new processes, three of which in particular interest me. They are Demand Management, Application Management, and Service Catalog Management. I'm wondering what other real interest there is in implementing these processes. Most companies seem content to implement, Problem, Incident, and Change Management, and Service Desk.

Please share your thoughts, thanks.
jpgilles
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as already stated and shared by others, Configuration management is a key piece.

ITIL's "philosophy" being to align IT with business, you can't really be sure you do provide "good" service without some pieces of Service level Management.

I would think the 3 new processus you mention are intendented to go further into that direction (others may be able to provide deeper feedback. I have had no time yet to look into V3).

BR
Cekir
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK the ITIL v3 will be published the last day of this month.
Have I missed something?
Fabien
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct but some advance copies have been distributed to people who participated in the development and some training providers.

I am lucky enough to have been assigned to service strategy. My feeling is not all that positive though.

Accenture
Technology Consulting | Service Excellence
Red Badge Certified

Twitter @itilgeek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: