Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: Branyazara
New Today: 71
New Yesterday: 153
Overall: 130968

People Online:
Visitors: 78
Members: 6
Total: 84 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Career Path
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Career Path

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITILTILIDIE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Career Path Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have passed my foundation on the 12th June, 97% and self studied so i'm quite pleased to say the least.

I have been contracting in IT support for 7 years and I've recently moved to Norway from the UK. I am not currently working and hence have lots of study time available in which to choose a new career path and I love the subject of ITIL that much that I've decided to take this path.

I am confused as to my next logical step? I would ideally like to travel within Europe and I can see that perhaps with the knowledge and experience I've already gained within IT plus the certification of ITIL I would be more than suited for this type of role. Would I therefore be better off to stay within the service support side of things or aim at service delivery when aiming at the practioners certificate. I really am not sure what is more popular when looking at the market. But if anyone has any experience or feel they can offer advice, I'd be more than grateful to receive it.

Many thanks.
jpgilles
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see, Service support is more popular , in terms of number of projects or activities in the area.
However Service Delivery is probably more looked at , as they are far less people with real skills and experience. In addition IT depts are really starting to invest in service delivery, so that's the direction I would recommend....

best regards and good luck.
JP
ITILTILIDIE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpgilles wrote:
From what I can see, Service support is more popular , in terms of number of projects or activities in the area.
However Service Delivery is probably more looked at , as they are far less people with real skills and experience. In addition IT depts are really starting to invest in service delivery, so that's the direction I would recommend....

best regards and good luck.
JP

Your a star and thanks for your advice, I'll begin by looking at the Practioners course and see where to go from there. I have self funded the ITIL foundation but it doesn't look like I'll be able to do that with the next part of the qualification system. Shame really, its not a cheap option but still worthwhile!

If anyone can recommend any good training providers in Norway I'd be grateful, failing that, the UK and it'll be a residential course I'll be looking to attend.

Again thanks for pointers and any advice in advance, great forum.
raroa
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are self funding, you migth like to wait for version 3 courses to come out so you don't also have to pay for bridging courses...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: