Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: TZ54
New Today: 30
New Yesterday: 82
Overall: 143859

People Online:
Visitors: 70
Members: 0
Total: 70

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Failed exam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Failed exam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gurn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Failed exam Reply with quote

Help. Now what...I am Malcom Baldrige certified, APIC certified, PMP member for four years, Executive Lean Six Sigma qualified....

How do I re take the exam? Any ideas or study guide? The class instruction was junk....a whole day of the company marketing their PE so NOTHING was taught and missed a whole day. The next day was five hours and then the exam!

Help.

Gurn Sad Mad
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gurn

I take it we are talking Foundation level here?

If so then you can do self study and then I think you can re-sit at a Prometric centre, and get a result straight away.

I am sure one or some of the many trainers we have in the forum will be able to confirm this.

Regards

Ed
Gurn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ed.
Have confirmed your information is accurate...thanks again. Any suggestions how to better prepare for the re-test? Note of the 16 in our class, a quick unapproved, informal survey has five of 16 failed. I bet there are more who failed as well. Now I have to pay 150.00 of my own money to retest!

Heck I want to pass...the info is great!

Thanks again Ed.
ITIL_Prime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an unusually high amount of failed test takers. I would recommend staying away from that course, doing more self study, practice tests, and then retaking the exam.

I've seen lots of folks pass after studying some of the available summarized texts, and I recommend you do the same. Good luck!
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The foundation exam is supposed to get a free re-sit if I recall

Was this an accredited provider...

If so, complain to the appropriate standard accreditation board

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
CJHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 hours of training and they expect you to pass? I'd ask for my money back.

I did self study for 2 weeks and passed. I worked for IBM and other giant companies in the past so many of the concepts weren't new to me.

Good luck.
rpmason
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact the training provider and ask for the moon.

I failed a IPSR exam -- the fail rate was 7 out of 13 for that in-house class. (It didn't include the Service Support book, the ppt printouts and the book of bulleted lists were late in arriving, the instructor was sick during the week, 13 in the class WITHOUT an assistant instructor, among other bad miscellany).

Our management contacted the training provider and they eventually worked out that they would send us 7 copies of the SS book and scheduled an in-house 1/2 day overview and computer-based exam.

When I took the Foundation and the Practioners classes, the training provider provided a free web-based self-study course at the foundation level. Each instructor provided one pre-test (62 multiple choice questions for Foundation and 29 essay questions for the IPSR).

rpmason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: