Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ZCardillo
New Today: 14
New Yesterday: 67
Overall: 148315

People Online:
Visitors: 65
Members: 3
Total: 68 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITSM Prices for Medium-sized companies
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITSM Prices for Medium-sized companies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Student

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: ITSM Prices for Medium-sized companies Reply with quote

Dear All,

I am an MSc student in IT Management writing my thesis or actually final project Smile about ITSM softwares.

The topic is a comparison of ITSM solutions based on their functionality, pricing, ROI, etc. and I am having difficulities finding prices for the tools.

Does anyone have any idea about the implementation prices of the following tools?
• HP OpenView Service Desk
• Peregrine Service Center
• Remedy IT Service Management

Lets say primary implementation cost, with userlicences, excluding training, consultancy and hardware cost?

By the way has Peregrine been bought by HP? Does anyone know if they merge the functionalities and become one tool or just segmenting the tools to different usergroups?

Many thanks for your help!
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear student

The simple answer is 'it depends'

on what you actually implement
on (in the case of BMC) how many servers and devices you have
etc. etc. etc.

The reality is, that every implementation will differ in cost, because every company is different and every offering has a different pricing structure.

I know that for my company, two years ago, looking at costs as you suggest for the first year only, but including support costs, the price of 6 different offerings varied from £20,000 to £92,00.

Regards

Ed
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry all

Figures should be £20,000 to £92,000

Senile Moment

Regards

Ed
Guerino1
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: ITSM Prices for Medium-sized companies Reply with quote

Hello Student,

I think the first thing you may want to consider is that the cost of software is only the beginning of the cost of implementation and the cost of support.

Consider that your costs are broken into two categories...

1: The cost to "get in" (implementation cost)
2: The cost to "stay in" (year-over-year support costs)

Note: Because you are never done implementing, you have incrementally new implementation costs, every year, that you add to your year-over-year support costs. So, if you implemented Incident Management last year and are implementing Change Management this year, you have to take in all new and all old.

Also, comparing the cost of ITIL solutions depends on how they're offered. So, for example, there's the traditional model of doing it all yourself (you buy the SW, the HW, dedicate your own Resources, etc.) and there's the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model (you buy a ready-to-use solution that's offered as a utility and everything like SW, HW, people, etc. are all wrapped in the utility). The tools you mentioned are all traditional, big brand solutions. Service Now and TraverseIT are SaaS solutions.

Note: You will have a hard time getting solid costs because costs change based on installation patterns (volume of users, number of sites, number of CPUs, etc.). Different vendors use different models for pricing under different circumstances. Also, prices change, rapidly.

Anyhow, I hope this helps.

My Best,

Frank Guerino, CEO
TraverseIT
On-Demand ITIL
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you asked the company's sales/marketing teams for information

I am sure that they would have one set of answers

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
selhedi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Student,

i agree with Guerino about the cost and you can contact sales in any to know more.

and about the answer of your question is that HP has bought Perrgrine and make merge between HP Openview Service Desk and Peregrine ServiceCenter and will be just ServiceCenter in 2008 i think in "may".

Regards,
Sherif El Hedi
Systems Engineer
Fingerprint Consultancy(HP Implementation Partner)
filipecruz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Student,

I'm a Msc Student too in IT Management at Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal.

Would you like to discuss some ideas about ITIL and software to support it?

Contact me!

Filipe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: