Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: RChisolm
New Today: 48
New Yesterday: 66
Overall: 142267

People Online:
Visitors: 50
Members: 0
Total: 50

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Interview Questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Interview Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surinder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: ITIL Interview Questions Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

Recently, I have cleared 3-day ITIL foundation course. I am Post Graduate in Computer Science. Could you please help me about the interview question which can might ask by interview panel? (for a fresher).

I appreciate your help.
Quote:
ARoll
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really i think depends on the type of position you are applying for will help to direct the types of questions you may receive. Some general ones that i recall we asked were:

What does ITIL stand for? (Believe it or not very valid question)

What is the purpose of having a CMDB?

What type of intereaction is needed between the Change and Release manager?

Just some example of very very general type questions. Unless its a dedicated position within a particular process disciplines, i'd imagine the questions to be very high level. More specific type question for example that i received during a Change Manager interview:

You have a remote site which supports their own systems and does not require resources from the home office. You are pushing the implementation of a standard Change Management process across all locations and offices. When speaking to this location they believe that because their system is independent of the home office and the necessary support is handled centrally at that location, that they do not need to follow this new Change Management process as it is just overhead and will slow down their day to day work. How do you respond and begin to get their buy-in?
AgentJay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARoll..! Such a nice tip! Anyone shud feel nice to work under u! Very Happy
rzesie
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I think it depends on the position. I had only basic questions, somewhat similar to questions asked on foundation exam.

What are the different objectives of problem and incident management?
What is CMDB, what is stored, how it is used, etc..

When I was applying for Incident Manger job I was also asked questions about the process, how do I organize my work inside the process, how do I build it and so on.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jacek
rajguru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: have some doubts Reply with quote

Hi Pal,

Does one should have to be in pure process management line to grab a ITIL job?

We have our own incident management process and sla management and i am the one who reports incident.

I used to suggest/consult ITIL work flow in our product to our customers..

Is this qualification enough to grab a ITIL consultant job?

rzesie wrote:
Hello,

I think it depends on the position. I had only basic questions, somewhat similar to questions asked on foundation exam.

What are the different objectives of problem and incident management?
What is CMDB, what is stored, how it is used, etc..

When I was applying for Incident Manger job I was also asked questions about the process, how do I organize my work inside the process, how do I build it and so on.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jacek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: