Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: VHansell
New Today: 39
New Yesterday: 58
Overall: 146019

People Online:
Visitors: 58
Members: 1
Total: 59 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Service Mgr Courses
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Mgr Courses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Service Mgr Courses Reply with quote

Hello,

I am new to this forum and find it exciting that there is growing community around ITIL.

I would like to gather recommendations for a training location/organization within the Washington DC metro area with experienced instructors for preparing for the Service Mgr certification.

It appears that I need to spent at least 2 weeks in the class to prepare for the tests; so I cannot take the risk of attending the courses at a mediocre location. Although there are never guarantees, if any of you have had good experiences with specific organizations that you can recommend, I would very much like to know about them.

Thank you,
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based in the UK - so I cannot recopmmend any specific training org. However I can give some advice.

Ask about the experience levels of their tutors (there will be 2 present each week)

Ask how often they present this course.

Ask whether they do a revision day - or even a conference call the week before the actual exam.

Most importantly - ask about the amount of exam practice - with individual feedback, is involved in the course. This is essential! The best ones have 1 question a day, and a full mock at the end of the week, all with detailed feedback.

When doing the course yourself - before you go, sit a mock Foundation, and make sure your are passing with about 33-34 out of 40. If not, then study up the Foundation material before you go. A lot if time is wasted re-teaching Foundation level to those who have forgotten what a DSL is, or what a cost model consists of!

Trying writing sample exam questions yourself - generic ones likes costs/problems/implementation steps in a process. Try doing it both open and closed book. Swap with another student and mark one another's!!

People failbecause
1. They do not know the information
or (more commonly)
2. They do noy know how to answer an exam question.

Good Luck!
dboylan
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... the post I put in earlier in this thread is no longer present. Perhaps linking to the vendor's website is not permitted.

Anyways, as a disclaimer I should say I was a former trainer for this company.

If you go to Pink Elephant's website and check their Service Manager training schedule, you will see that they are starting a SM training session in October in DC. They hold their training at high end hotel conference room facilities, so it is usually a pretty comfortable environment.

I know (or knew as of about a year ago) most of the trainers, and they are a very good crew. Pink Elephant is considered one of the ITIL industry leaders.
FT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate both of your responses, thank you.

Liz, very good recommendations, I will sure to keep in mind; thank you.

dboylan, I checked Pink Elephant's site, it appears their schedule might fit mine as well, so this may be a good way to go; thank you for the pointer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: