Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:26 pm Post subject: Financial Management
I am looking for help with Financial Management. We are going to electronic check approval process. Any ideas on how we can capture the information needed for service costing: budget center, general ledger account, cost component, etc?
Hi, you may have many large projects you are looking to accomplish in order to achieve service costing.
Some of the things I would look at for service costing are:
- do you have an asset management system in place?
- is the asset management system linked to your purchasing system?
- is this linked to your accounting system?
- have you established a charge back system?
- do you have shared services?
- do you have "department" or "application" only services?
- have you defined what a service is and has it been communicated to the business and throughout IT?
- do you have service level management in place?
- is the culture ready to embrace a service costing approach?
These are a few of the pieces that need to be in place in order to get you thinking about service costing.
I know it has probably raised more questions, but service costing requires a huge committment that has to start at the top and botton of the organization and work towards a middle.
Not sure if my thoughts have helped, but a few thoughts to thikn about.
cheers, _________________ Azard Omardeen
ITSM Service Manager Certified
Consultant and Trainer
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum