Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ColinColst
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 106
Overall: 149872

People Online:
Visitors: 59
Members: 2
Total: 61 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Helpdesk Tool
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Helpdesk Tool

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlitocabana

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Helpdesk Tool Reply with quote

Hello ,

We are searching for a helpdesk tool i know there are a lot but not all meet our demand so i ask for help. Does anyone know a helpdesk tool with intergrated billing/sale posibility's (print out spent hours and costs)?

Most applications do time and cost reports (so you have to manually fill in the hours and cost you spent) but this is not what we want. We only want to fill in we spent 30min on an incident and let the programm/bill/report do the math/calculation of the amount of time spent times the money per hour.

(tech) fills in 30min spent on incident A1
(sale) make a report for a external company
(application) 30min x 20
(application) show report
Rache
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know the ins and outs of each tool and whether they will do what you want but there is a tool called Assyst (I can email you handouts about it if you email me) or Peregrine. Peregrine can be found on the internet it isnt too impressive and doesnt include problems but may do what you want I believe there is a suite of applications and I only use one of them.
xitil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason why most HelpDesk applications do not do what you are looking for is that... this is not a requirement for a HelpDesk application! These applications are there to support the HelpDesk and Incident Management process, not billing!

Most likely though, you will get the desired functionality by combining a report on the HelpDesk data and contract/billing information from a sales app or a custom app...
itilimp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really need an integrated tool?
It sounds to me like what you want could be achieved by most of the decent help desk systems on the market.

Ensure that the incident table has a field to capture time spent on an incident by an analyst.

Add a field to the analyst table for their hourly rate (including on-costs so this is the actual cost to the company rather than the analyst's hourly pay).

Create a report (using your help desk tool reporting system, crystal reports, or excel, etc.) that extracts the data you need from the database, e.g. total of time per analyst (grouped by customer, incident, whatever you need) x hourly rate = total salary cost of incident

You could develop this further by including costs of materials used as well.

This report could be automatically generated weekly/monthly and e-mailed in whatever format suits your sales division.

Job done.

It doesn't need an expensive integrated tool. Or am I over-simplifying your requirements?
PeterOz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an addition to the way previously described which can capture the costs of service, you may also wish to see if the tools you are looking at have an Application Programming Interface which can be easily used. The last bit is key. If you have agreements or contracts against certain customers, you should also have finance fileds which can be populated from external finance packages such as Oracle financials, SAP or MYOB using webservices.

Once this linkage is made you should be able to track all costs, estimates, penalties, bills etc to the customer agreement and use this information for more proactive customer support. Costs can also be updated to a knowledge bank or to the service catalogue for quick reference to get the most efficient services out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: